Chapter XVI

Disclaimer: I own none of the PJO or HOO characters. They all belong to Rick Riordan.

The picture is of NYX

ANDROMEDA’S P.O.V.

We were standing in front of a giant army and I knew we had no hope. I looked at mom who was standing next to me. Personally, I think we both looked awful. Both of us hadn’t gotten much sleep since Dad disappeared. It felt hopeless, we just couldn’t find him.

I looked around at everyone that had gather. Despite the circumstances I couldn’t help but smile for the gods had come to help their children, and throne the ancient laws out the window. I was proud that they made that decision even in this hopeless situation.

Suddenly there was a flash and in front of us, on top of the hill stood a man. His had no shirt and his pants were tattered and he looked dirty. But other than that he seemed fine. The way he held himself; a wave of authority emitted out of him.

“Well, well, well,” he said as he approached the army, no weapon in his hand. I was shocked, my eyes widened. I knew that voice! DAD He came back!

 “It seems you are trying attack my home, and I am sorry, but I just can’t let you do that,” he said, and the army still didn’t move, before suddenly Nyx shouted

“HOW ARE YOU HERE? WE HAD BROKEN YOU!” I paled at that. What had they done to him in the four months he as locked up? If Nyx thought he had broken, then they must have dome unspeakable things. I was dreading the answer he would give, but my eyes widened one again when I heard him crack up. He was laughing in front of an army. He must be insane!

“You really think you could break me? How many other people have tried and failed at that task, and was when I was a demigod, and now, when I am literally the second most powerful being in the universe, there is no WAY that you could break me,”

After that statement he turned around and faced us. His eyes scanned the crowd until they landed on us. I could almost feel the guilt rolling off him, and was confused for a second before i realised that must have looked like I just went through hell.  Oops.

“SO? WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO NOW?” screeched Nyx. Dad slowly turned back to the army. “YOU MUST STILL BE WEAK FROM ALL THE TORURE WE HAD GIVEN YOU. NO ONE COULD HAVE ANY ENERGY AFTER FOUR MONTHS OF CONSTANT TORTURE!!!”

“Quite on the contrary, I feel just fine. The fresh air feels great after being stuck in that dungeon. It seems I have gotten all the information I needed, and I could stop this attack on camp. No one from this camp in dying tonight,”

“Oh, you really think you can defeat the whole army? RIDICULOUS!”

“Ah, my dear Nyx, it seems you keep forgetting. I am the second most powerful being in the universe. The only one who can defeat me is Chaos. I can destroy galaxies with a batt of my eyelids, what makes you think I can’t beast an army much smaller without much difficulty?” he asked he honestly, and I could literally imagine his eyes raised in question. Finally I saw fear flicker in Nyx’s eyes. But unfortunately she steeled up and told her troops to charge.

And just like that every single monster evaporated on the spot and Nyx was seen flashing out and dad was just standing the watching, unfazed.

Oh. My. Gods.

He hadn’t been joking, they were dead, sent to Tartarus, like that. I LOVE MY DAD!

One again he turned to us and scratched the back of his neck sheepishly, and flashed down to us. Everyone just stood there in an awkward silence for a few painstakingly long moments.

“Wassup?” He asked. And I swear that every single moth gaped.

Suddenly Kaia burst through the crowd and stalked right up to him.

“SO YOU’RE TELLING U THAT YOU HAVE BEEN WAINTING FOR MONTHS TO COME BACK AND YOU LEFT US THINKING THAT YOU ARE DEAD? YOU JUST MADE THE BIGGEST MISTAKE OF YOUR IMMORTALL LIFE! I WILL KILL YOU OVER AND OVER IF YOU EVER LEAVE MY SIGHT AGAIN!!!!” Kaia shouted at him and I really thought that he would at least flinch but I was proved wrong once again. He burst out laughing.

“I missed you too Kaia,” he said gently and pulled her into a hug and she finally cracked. She sobbed into his shoulder and everyone was still frozen on the spot. He just there hugging his best friend.

It was at this point where I walked forwards. Kaia ha finally released dad from her death grip and moved aside with a small smile.

I looked into the eyes and I could feel all of his emotions. I could feel the love he felt for everything and everyone. I protective feeling for his friends and family. I undying over towards me and my mother. I could feel the power that he had but ignored that and knew that he will always be the man that mum told me stories about when I was little. I just walked closer and saw tears in his eyes before I hugged him. He returned it immediately without the slightest hesitation.

Once we finished he walked towards my mother who was still frozen to the spot.

“Hello Annabeth,” he said quietly and softly and I could hear the love in his voice. He looked her over from head to toe, and once again had tears in his eyes.

“You haven’t changed a bit Wise Girl,” He said, and stood there waiting for a reaction.

What transpired next scared the living daylights out of me. Mum lunged at him and judo flipped him to the ground.

“I already told you not to leave me again. And that was over 1000 years, and what did you do? You told me you were dead and let me believe that my soul mate was gone,” she hissed in his eyes. And the way dad’s eyes sparkled I could tell when he lived here this was a very usual position for him to be in.

“I know Wise Girl, and I will never do that again, at least not on purpose,” he said, and mum kissed him.

“I missed you,”

“And I you,”

Sorry for the short chapter but I will (Probably) make the next chapter longer. I hope you enjoyed!