Epilogue

As Perseus Jackson was mourned a second time, there was a small thread of hope that was held throughout the mourners. He had returned before, what was stopping his from doing it again. As everyone ran down into the valley towards his fallen frame, that hope was suddenly lost.

Percy's body slowly disintegrated into the same gold dust of all the fallen immortals, and in their heart all knew that he would not return from the faded afterlife of a god.

Chaos knelt beside the golden remains of his heir and pulled in a shuddering breath. This day, the universe had lost a light, one that brought hope in his wake, which would never return to them. Chaos poured his power out and into the golden ash, lifting it towards the sky. In a truly beautiful display Percy floated up towards the sky, joining the billions of stars and forever shining down upon his loved ones.

A fitting end for this hero.

Slowly but surely life started to return to normal, those grieving for the second time, seemingly receiving the devastating news better than the first. Andromeda felt a sense of fulfilment at being able to meet her father at last, and Annabeth was left with the words that he really did love her, and just hearing them one more time helped ease her sorrow. Poseidon found a note Percy has left, comforting him even in death.

This death was purposeful, its sacrifice saved many grateful lives.

The fates smiled upon the earth as they stared through their portal. They would recover.

And yet, in the white expanse green eyes snapped open.

And that's it! I hope you enjoyed it. What do you think of a sequel? And if so, leave a comment on what you think should happen next! 

Thank you to all of you who have read this and enjoyed it, it means the world to me! 

Gaiaraven xx