Chapters XI

TRITON’S P.O.V.

What?! I missed my brother. He made father happy, and after we made Amphitrite fade into the abyss, father was marginally happier, but I knew that he loved Percy, even more than he loved me. He would never admit it but I could see it in his eyes when he looked at him. I was a little hurt to begin with, but I knew Percy deserved all of the praise he got.

I also got to meet Sally, when Poseidon made her Lady of the Tides, and I saw how he fell for her. She was amazing, and kind and generous, everything a son would want in a mother.

Now, she was my step-mother, and I loved her more than my real mother. For the first 100 years after the marriage, I called her Sally, but eventually, I started to call her mother, and she was overjoyed at that.

I watched both my parents mourn their child for 1000 years, and it was very depressing, but this morning, both my mother and I noticed that the oceans had calmed, after a millennium of restless waves. Mother thought he had found another mortal woman, but I assured her that he loved her very much, and there was no way he would betray her like he did before with old mum.

When Poseidon turned up with a cloaked man, who radiated so much power that I almost took a step back, but stopped myself since Poseidon was smiling at him like a madman.

When he took his hood off, I did step back. It was him! He was supposed to be dead! I realised that now would be the perfect time to award him the heir to the seas because, that was what I was going to do before he died. I walked up to him and gave him a hug.

“I missed you brother,” I whispered into his ear, and he looked very surprised. What I said was true, I did miss him, and he made my family happy.  “I want you to be heir of the seas,” I told him and to my surprise he groaned, very loudly. Father chuckled at this, and had a glint in his eyes which meant he knew something we didn’t.

“Thanks for the offer, but I definitely do not need another princely role!” He said to me, and now I was very confused, and so was mother.

“Another princely role?” asked mother.

“Yep! Primordial god and prince of the universe at your service, my lady,” he said playfully and bowed.

“You’re joking!” I shouted. No way. Nah ah! That couldn’t be true. His face suddenly turned very serious.

“Oh I am not joking,” he said, as his eyes changed showing us who he truly was. His eyes glowed gold for a millisecond before flashing the entire universe in them. He closed his eyes and when they opened they were back to normal. And then, and only then did I notice the crown on his head.

----AT THE CAMP----

ANNNABETH’S P.O.V.

I was sad. I was sad all the time and I couldn’t get out of the depressed state that I was in. I missed him. Even 1000 years later, he was on my mind, and he never left. I was sitting by the ocean, which today, was quite suspiciously very calm. Poseidon hasn’t been in a good mood since he died.