Chapter IX

1000 years later

PERCY’S P.O.V.

Once I got over the crown incident, I had a good time. I had friends, and a new family, but none of it could ever replace my real family. I longed to go back to Earth, and meet them again, but Chaos said I would have to wait. After all these years, my patience, still haven’t improved.

Kaia, had become my best friend, and she is now second in command of the army.

“Luke, get your but moving. You should be running twice the speed! You have had 900 years to work on it. Now hurry up!” I shouted at Luke. And yes, it is Luke Castellan. Chaos said I could bring back some from the dead for my army, and that was 900 years ago. When I found out it had been 100 years since I started training, my mind went straight back to all the people who must be dead by now, but when I got to the underworld, none of the seven were there. They must have gotten immortality.

So I recruited some others. They are, Luke, Silena, Beckendorf, Bianca, Castor, Zoe, and one other who wasn’t dead, Calypso.

“Guys, training I over!” I shouted at them, and they all halted, and walked over to me.

“Good, because I don’t think I could have done any more,” whined Luke.

-Percy, come to the throne room now, and bring your team- Chaos said in my head.

“Come on, Chaos wants us.” I said as I flashed everyone to the throne room.

When we got there Chaos looked happy and sad at the same time.

“Do you want the good news or bad news first?”

“Good,” we all chorused.

“Well, you get to go back to Earth,”

“And the bad news?” I asked, wary with the sudden answer to our wishes.

“Youareneededtohelpfightinthebiggestwarthere,ever!” He said incredibly quickly.

“What was that Lord Chaos?” asked Bianca.

“You are needed to help fight in the biggest war there, ever” he said again, but this time everyone heard.

The few high spirits in the room evaporated at the thought of another war.

“Will we be able to tell them who we are?” I asked, we had had missions before where our identities had to be kept a secret. Chaos didn’t answer, but kept looking very guilty. “Well?”

“Most of you are allowed to tell everyone who you are…”

“What do you mean most?”

“Well… you can’t Percy. It’s just too dangerous. The enemy is Kronos and the titans, and the giants, and maybe my brother End. If you reveal your identity they might use that against you,” I sighed. I knew he was right, but that meant I wouldn’t be able to tell Annabeth who I was.