Ben Hanscom | Notes and That Wow Feeling

English isn't my first language, so please excuse any mistakes.

Characters: Ben/fem!reader.

Word Count: 1529 words.

As the bell signaling the end of the last class rang, (Y/N) quickly got up from her seat, bumping into several people as she hurried out of the classroom. She hoped she would see him that day, not wanting to have to wait another week. But when she got to her locker, the girl didn't see anyone standing near it - only people walking to go back home.

Maybe she'd gotten there before him? She hoped so, as she quickly approached the locker, opening it and seeing a small note fall into her hands. (Y/N) sighed. No, he'd gotten there before her and had already left.

The girl looked around, hoping to see whoever had written those notes looking at her, maybe he was expecting some kind of reaction from her or something - but, like the other times she'd done that, she saw no one paying attention to her. (Y/N) tried to ignore the feeling of disappointment and read what was written on the note.

"Your smile, your eyes, your face, you. All the things that make my day better."

(Y/N) couldn't help but smile at that. All the notes she had received were so sweet and that only made her want to know whoever her secret admirer was even more.

The first time she had received a note was two months ago on a Thursday. At first she'd thought that a mistake had been made, that that note was supposed to be for someone else, but she did feel her heart warming as she read the kind words that were written.

And then, the next Thursday, she received another. Her name written in there, proving that it was meant for her. (Y/N) remembered her cheeks heating up and her heart skipping a beat that day. She had a secret admirer. She had never thought she was interesting enough to attract anyone's attention, but there she was receiving love notes from someone.

So every Thursday, she'd leave the classroom eagerly and walk quickly to her locker, finding another note that made her heart melt. Well, that was the first month.

The more notes she received, the more curious she got to know who that person was, she wanted to know who made the effort to think of such sweet things and leave them in her locker every week. So, as the second month began, (Y/N) decided she wanted to know who her secret admirer was.

That's why on every Thursday of that last month, (Y/N) ran out of the classroom to see if she could see her admirer putting the notes in her locker, but so far that hadn't worked. Did he leave his class a little earlier to put the notes there?

That was the only explanation she could think of when she looked again to see if anyone was looking at her. Still nothing. He must have gone home by now, she should go too. (Y/N) sighed before closing her locker and walking down the hallway with the other students, unable to shrug off the wish she had to meet her admirer. But she'd have to wait another week.

The good thing about having a week is that you have plenty of time to think and plan what to do, and that's exactly what (Y/N) did. By the time Thursday arrived, she already had an idea in her head and just hoped it would work out. The (Y/L/N) girl spent all day anxious, just waiting for the end of the school day. And finally, it arrived.

It was ten minutes before the end of the last class when (Y/N) raised her hand, catching the attention of her teacher. Fortunately, that teacher seemed to love (Y/N), so when the girl said she had to say something important to the principal, she seemed to believe - even though (Y/N) was a terrible liar.