Stanley Uris | Falling For You

English isn't my first language, so please excuse any mistakes.

Requested.

Characters: Stan/fem!reader, Bill. Richie and Beverly are mentioned.

Word Count: 1493 words.

The day was nice, there was a light breeze passing through the city, but Derry was very hot that day. And that meant only one thing for the losers' club: for them to meet in the quarry, which was a good place for them to refresh themselves and have some fun.

And that was where Stan and Bill were heading together to meet the other losers. They were slowly driving their bikes side by side as they talked, not in a hurry to get there. Bill was ranting about something that Stan had said; the Uris boy was paying attention to Bill at first, he swore he was, he just stopped paying attention for a moment when he spotted (Y/N) (Y/L/N) leaving the library. His heart started to beat faster, his focus now being on her.

(Y/N) (Y/L/N) was a smart girl who sat in front of him in his literature class, she also happened to be his crush. They didn't know each other very well, like, they weren't exactly friends, they barely talked to each other, except for a few times she'd turned to him to say something about the classe -thing she did with almost everyone who sat around her but Stan couldn't help feeling special when she did that, even though he knew he shouldn't-.

There were also times when she knew the answer to some question their teacher asked, but (Y/N) didn't seem very comfortable speaking in public, so she just mumbled the answer even before someone else had raised their hand. These were the only times Stan took the initiative to say something, just to let her know he had heard her, that he knew she knew the answer, and that even though she didn't want the whole class to know, he knew how smart she was. She always smiled at him when he did this, which made his heart warm up and definitely encouraged him to do it more often.

And there she was at that moment, leaving the library on that nice day, a book in her hands as she walked and read at the same time. (Y/N) looked rather amused, smiling at something that had just happened in the book, and Stan couldn't help but admire her for a few seconds. Damn, she was really beautiful.

He smiled slightly to himself, but he felt a slight concern. She seemed so engrossed with that book that she hardly seemed to care about what was going on around her. What if something happened to her? Like, what if she fell or something? Little did he know that he should have worried about himself while driving because the next thing he knew was that he was the one who had fallen off his bike.

The back of Stan's head hit the street, making him feel dizzy. He also felt his elbows aching, so they were probably bruised -hopefully not too bad-. He grunted, sitting up and taking his hand to his head, checking if it was bleeding. Luckily not, but he saw that his elbows weren't that bruised.

Bill was the first to go help him, getting off his bike and running to his side. "A-are you okay, Stan?"

"Yeah, I'm completely fine." he said with a half-sarcastic tone. Bill hadn't seen that fall? How could he ask that?

"Stan, are you okay?!" he heard (Y/N)'s voice talk to him before he realized the girl was running toward him. She had a concerned expression on her face as she knelt beside him. Stan felt his cheeks heating up with how close she was to him

He felt nervousness go through his body. "Ye-yeah, I'm fine." he missed the weird look Bill gave him.

(Y/N), even if he had said she was fine, still looked concerned. "Are you sure?"

Stan nodded quickly, maybe a little too quickly. "Totally."

The boy noticed that the girl's eyes were checking him up and suddenly he felt very self-conscious about himself, but he soon noticed that she seemed to be just checking if there were any bruises on his body. Her eyes lingered a little longer as she looked at his elbows, a frown appearing on her face, but it was soon replaced by a smile when she realized it could have been much worse.

"Damn Stan, I thought you were a goner when I saw you falling." Oh great, of all the people he could have fallen in front of, of course he had to embarrass himself in front of (Y/N). "Can you stand up?"

She seemed about to help him up, but he declined the help, wanting to show that he could stand up alone. "Yeah, I'm fine, really." he almost fell again and she noticed it -he still felt kinda dizzy-, but he managed to get up at the end. Stan noticed the amused look that Bill had on him and (Y/N), noticing how flustered Stan seemed to be around her. Stan just ignored it, looking back at her with a nervous little smile on his face.

(Y/N) seemed happy to see the boy apparently okay. "Well, I'm glad you're fine, wouldn't want to mess up your cute face, right?" she smiled sweetly at him, making Stan's cheeks warm. She seemed to notice this, but just shrug it off with a giggle. "Anyway, where were you guys heading?"

"Tuh-to the quarry." Bill was the one to answer that question, a grin on his face, seeing his friend's expression. "We're go-going to meet the oh-others there."

The girl seemed surprised for a moment, even a little excited about that. "Oh, the quarry? I've heard people hang out there, but I've never been there myself."

That caught Stan's attention, his next words coming out of his mouth without him thinking too much about them. "You can come if you want."

(Y/N)'s eyes widened a little, her smile widening on her face. "Really? I don't want to be a bother."

"You won't be." in what world would (Y/N) (Y/L/N) ever be a bother to anyone?

"Yeah, guh-go get your bi-bike and let's go." her enthusiasm seemed to disappear as soon as Bill said those words.

"Actually I didn't bring my bike with me today." she seemed a bit embarrassed by this, which made Stan feel bad. "I don't live far from here so I didn't think I would need it."

An idea passed through Stan's mind, but he felt a little hesitant to say it out loud. Yeah, he'd invited her to go with them to the quarry, but what if this new idea made her uncomfortable in some way? The last thing he wanted was to make her uncomfortable. But he didn't have to worry too much about it because Bill seemed to have the same idea as him and he didn't seem hesitant at all. "Stan can give you a ri-ride."

She seemed to like the idea, looking at Stan to see if he was okay with it. He played with his fingers before he answered. "All right for me."

(Y/N) nodded. "Is Beverly going to be there?" she didn't know Beverly very well, but she would feel more comfortable if some other girl was going to be there too, since she knew most of the Loser Club members were boys. Stan and Bill nodded at her, making her excited smile reappear on her face. "Okay, I'm going to return the book. Don't want it to get all wet, right?" she chuckled, running quickly toward the library. "I'll be right back!"

Stan hadn't noticed that he was smiling at her running figure until he heard Bill chuckle beside him, the Uris boy turned to his friend to see him with a smirk on his face. "Oh please, stop." Stan rolled his eyes.

"Oh that's nuh-nothing, wait until Richie sees you bruh-bro-brought a girl along." Bill's smirk only widened. "Wait until he no-notices you like her." Stan raised one of his eyebrows, as if asking where he had gotten the idea from. "Oh plea-please, it's written ah-all over your face."

"Damn." he said, acknowledging that it was true. "He won't leave me be after that."

"It's worth it, at least, ri-right?" Stan gave him a confused look. "Ri-Richie won't let you be but yuh-you'll get to spend some time with her." Bill patted him on his back. "Just duh-don't look like you're abuh-bout to have a hea-heart attack every time she talks to yuh-you like you were doing."

Stan shook his head, a frown on his face. "Shut up."

"Okay." Bill smiled at that. "You're weh-welcome, by the way." Stan raised one of his eyebrows again. "You know... She's guh-going on your bike, huh-hugging you all the way the-there."

When Bill said this -making his heart heat with the thought- he saw the girl running out of the library, excitedly wanting to get to them as fast as possible, a smile on her face, which made Stan smile again. "Yeah, worth it."