Stanley Uris | Love and Birds

English isn't my first language, so please excuse any mistakes.

Requested.

Characters: Stanley/fem!reader.

Word Count: 1024 words.

Part 2 of Yearbook Confession.

The girl felt anxious as she walked the streets of Derry, wanting to get to her destination as fast as she could and, at the same time, feeling nervous enough not to want to get there so fast, nervously wondering how that day would turn out to be.

She had returned to the city a few days ago, after her incredibly annoying trip to her uncle's house. (Y/N), fortunately, had the luck to bump into Stan on the street when she arrived. He looked slightly surprised to see that she was back as she was worried about whatever had happened to him, since his face was bandaged, but he assured her that he was fine.

Eventually, the subject of what she had written in his yearbook came up in their conversation. She had been a little insecure about it over the summer, regretting not having stayed to see Stan's reaction to that. But all her worries disappeared as he nervously said he agreed to go out with her.

And there she was, a few days after that, heading to their date. Although she was the one who asked him out, Stan asked her if he could plan their date. She gladly accepted, since she had no idea where she would take him. Soon after, he let her know that he had decided to take her to one of Derry's parks for a picnic - and to watch birds.

(Y/N) felt her nervousness increase as she arrived at the park, walking around until she spotted Stan, watching him finish setting the things they would need for the picnic. She smiled as she approached him.

"Hey, Stan." she said, making him jump a little, a small nervous smile appeared on his face as he turned to her. "You seem to have put a lot of effort into this."

"It's nothing." he tried to shrug it off, but she insisted.

"No, it's really nice."

Stan tried to suppress a smile, nodding before gesturing to the ground. "Shall we sit?"

She chuckled. "We shall."

The girl sat, looking around, smiling at the beautiful view. Stan sat down beside her, taking some of the snacks he had brought.

"You come here a lot?" she asked, accepting the jelly sandwich he offered her.

"Quite a lot." he said, taking a bite of his snack.

"What do you like to do here?"

"I..." a small bird flew past them, catching Stan's attention. "I like to watch birds."

(Y/N) chuckled, causing Stan to turn his attention back to her, a frown on his face. "Well, that's cute." she smiled at him. The boy's cheeks flushed at her comment, he gave her a small smile before returning to eat.

They had been friends for a year, but they had never hang out together outside of school and it was a good experience to see how the other was out of the class, getting to know each other much better than they already knew.

Before that day, (Y/N) didn't know how passionate Stan was about birds, but she liked to see how his eyes shone as he talked about it. The same shine was in his eyes as he gazed discreetly at her as they ate and talked, though she didn't notice it.

After they finished eating, they lay on the grass. At first they talked for a while, but then they fell in silence. The mood wasn't awkward, however, they just enjoyed the nature around them, watching birds eventually flying above them. (Y/N) thought it was a bit boring, but Stan seemed to enjoy it very much, so she just kept looking at her surroundings.

The girl sighed happily, which seemed to catch Stan's attention. He turned his head toward her, smiling softly at the sight of the girl there. She was so beautiful, he couldn't believe she was actually on a date with him. He was so happy that he got to see her again; during that summer there had been so many times that he thought he'd die and made him happy to be there with her at that moment.

(Y/N) soon noticed his gaze on her, turning to him, smiling at the way he looked at her. She could see what he meant by that look, the feelings in it, making her cheeks warm.

They stared at each other for a few more seconds before she, agitatedly, leaned on her arm, leaning toward him and leaving a quick kiss on his lips.

(Y/N) noticed, as she lay back down, that his eyes were slightly wide, surprise filling them, making her laugh. "It was a good day today."

"Yeah, it was." he chuckled nervously. He seemed to be about to say something, but gave up, just looking back up at the sky.

The girl looked at him for a few more seconds before doing the same. "Yeah."

Okay, now the mood was awkward. Had she ruined things between them with that kiss? She shouldn't have done that? He didn't want her to do it? She was so sure of what she had seen in his eyes that-

Her thoughts were interrupted when she felt Stan shyly hold her hand. She looked back at him, seeing that he was still looking up.

"I really like you." he said, his voice breaking slightly in the middle of the sentence. He turned to look at her again. "I feel like I'm not expressing myself very well, but I really like you."

"I like you too." her smile widened on her face. "And I think you're expressing yourself well now."

Stan smiled back at her, but she could see a certain nervousness in his eyes. "Would you, uh, would you like..." he took a deep breath. "Do you want to be my girlfriend?"

(Y/N) squeezed his hand, nodding softly. "I'd love to."

His smile widened as well, squeezing her hand back, feeling his heart beating faster. The girl laughed, looking up again. Stan stared at her for a few seconds before doing the same. They continued to stare at their surroundings, lying hand in hand with smiles on their faces, just happy to be together.