Stanley Uris | Comfort

English isn't my first language, so please excuse any mistakes.

Requested.

Characters: Stan/fem!reader, Beverly is mentioned.

Word Count: 1682 words.

It was the beginning of the week. (Y/N) (Y/L/N) was sitting on a park bench, and although it was spring and the weather was fine, she was wearing a hoodie. She knew the people passing by were staring at her curiously but she didn't care, she didn't care at all.

You see, (Y/N) used to have long hair, well, until the weekend when she thought it would be a good idea to try something new. By the time her hair was cut, however, she had completely regretted doing it - but there was no turning back. She settled for it, even though she was pretty insecure about her hair now, but still felt nervous about Monday - that is, having to go to school and see hundreds of teenagers in the hallways.

(Y/N) had tried to convince herself that maybe her schoolmates wouldn't be so mean - and that if they noticed the cut was ugly, that they wouldn't comment on it, that they wouldn't say anything directly to her face or to other people. That was a very naive thought, had she really thought they would miss the chance to tease someone from the Losers Club?

Since the second she set foot in school on Monday, people have spoken every thought that ran through their minds as they watched her walk down the hallways. She tried to ignore it at first, that's what Beverly advised her to do, and she really did it... For a few minutes. Some people might call her too emotional but class hadn't even started yet and she felt more exhausted each time she heard another mean comment.

Then, just ten minutes before the class started, (Y/N) told Beverly she was going to the bathroom - but what she really did was put on her hoodie (so she could cover her hair too) and left school, needing a bit of time with herself.

The first place that came to her mind, a quiet place where she could spend some time on her own, was one of Derry's parks - the one where her boyfriend always took her when he wanted to relax or watch birds. It was peaceful and there weren't that many people that passed by, at least not at that time of the day.

So she decided to stay there for the next hour, sitting on a bench, watching things happening around her as she cursed herself for letting anything get to her. She felt like crying a few times but she held it in, not wanting to give that kind of satisfaction to the people who had teased her.

"Why are you wearing a hoodie in spring?"

(Y/N) jumped in surprise as she heard the familiar voice. Looking around she saw her boyfriend, Stan Uris, approaching the bench she was sitting on. The girl frowned, she swore Stan would be at school at a time like this - maybe a little worried that he hadn't seen her there, but still at school.

She then considered the idea that he hadn't gone to school at all and perhaps found her there by coincidence. After all, this was his place, maybe he was there to have some time for himself or something. She decided to ask when he sat next to her.

"Have you gone to school today?"

"Yeah, I got out when I noticed that you weren't there." okay, so he wasn't there by coincidence. He knew he would find her there, he had left school to find her there.

That's when she noticed the way Stan was looking at her with compassion and caution - he always looked at her like that when she was feeling bad, it was his way of trying to analyze what she needed/wanted at that moment so he could comfort her.