Bill Denbrough | Attention Is Needed

English isn't my first language, so please excuse any mistakes.

Requested.

A/N: I'm horrible at angst, sorry for that.

Characters: Bill/fem!reader. Losers' club is mentioned.

Word Count: 1979 words.

(Y/N) had moved to Derry during the summer break that year. She wasn't excited at all to move there. She hated it but was forced to go.

The girl remembered the first time she saw her new home, it wasn't that bad. She remembered the first time she saw her new room, it wasn't as big as her old one but it was good enough. She also remembered looking out the window and seeing her neighborhood. It didn't seem to have anything special, but then something – or someone - caught her eye. A boy, around her age, was leaving the house across from hers, heading somewhere.

She was excited to know that there were people her age on the street, making her feel relieved. She didn't want to wait until the summer break ended to find a friend, what would she do for the rest of the summer? So maybe she could try to make friends in the neighborhood, she could try to be friends with that boy.

So (Y/N) waited, waited for him to come back from wherever he went and went to talk to him. His name was Bill, Bill Denbrough. He'd noticed that people were moving to the house across from his and seemed to be a bit excited about it, hoping he could be friends with the new neighbors.

Bill was a nice kid, they got along well the moment they started talking. The next day, he said that he could show her some places in town he and his group of friends liked to go, but she didn't get to know any of his friends. Not in that moment at least. They both hang out together a few times that summer, sometimes at his house and sometimes at hers. They had become friends.

It all seemed like it would get even better for her when the school year began. Bill introduced her to his friends, who, at the time, seemed to like her. (Y/N) thought they were cool in their own way, the way they acted with each other was hilarious and she liked to hang out with them. Eventually she was considered a member of the Losers Club as well. (Y/N) loved that club, too bad for her they didn't seem to feel the same way.

They seemed to have some sort of a special bond, a bond she didn't seem to have with any of them, making her feel like an intruder in their group. The way they acted with each other was funny to watch. (Y/N) thought at first that maybe the way they acted with her would be funny someday too but they only spoke a few words to her when she was with them, none managing to have a full conversation with her.

None of them but Bill. Since they were neighbors, they talked a lot when no one else was around. And it was in those hours she liked to be with Bill, it was during those hours she thought she might like him. She didn't feel like an outsider when they were both alone; he made her laugh so hard, they seemed to understand each other so well and she loved it.

Bill was so kind when they were alone that he made her feel her heart beating faster. But then when they hang out with the rest of the losers, he suddenly... Changed. Don't get her wrong, (Y/N) didn't want him to pay attention to her all the time but he almost seemed to forget about her when he was with the rest of his friends. And that made her angry and upset.

The only thing she could think of was that they probably wouldn't even miss her if she stopped talking to them. And she decided to put it to the test. (Y/N) kept hanging out with them but she was quieter, barely speaking in their presence. She also started trying to find more people she could become friends with, but no one seemed interested in being friends with a member of the Losers Club.