Richie Tozier | Under The Mistletoe

English isn't my first language, so please excuse any mistakes.

Requested.

Characters: Richie/fem!reader, losers' club.

Word Count: 1547 words.

Christmas is the time to spend together with the people you love, and that's why the losers decided to spend that day, well, that night together. They almost always did that. Their private party would happen at (Y/N)'s house, since she had volunteered to be the hostess that year, and the girl couldn't be more excited about it.

One month before Christmas, the girl had already planned what she would buy - presents and decorations for the party -, making her count the days until she could finally start to buy and decorate her house.

This year they had also decided to wear Christmas sweaters for the occasion, so they could take pictures to remember that day. Needless to say, (Y/N) got one for herself as soon as possible, a red sweater with some elves sewn into it, as well as the phrase "Let's get elfed up". Beautiful.

That Christmas would be magic, she knew it. She knew that when she looked around her house, seeing if everything was in the right place; everything seemed so Christmas-y and she loved it. But she only had sure when she opened the door for her first guest, Richie.

Richie Tozier had grown up since the first time he and (Y/N) had met, but he certainly hadn't changed much. That could be noticed by the eager grin he had on his face as he looked at his sweater, in which the phrase "Jingle my bells" was sewn.

Richie lifted his gaze to her, waiting for a reaction. "So what did you think?"

"I couldn't expect anything else from you." she smiled, Richie would always be Richie.

"This sweater is so fucking cool." he looked back at it, shaking his head in amazement. "We should have had this naughty sweater idea a long time ago."

"Yeah yeah, but it was supposed to be an ugly sweater." she moved aside, letting the boy in.

"This sweater is naughty and ugly, I think I should get an extra present for the effort." he said, making the girl laugh as she closed the door.

It didn't take long for the other losers to arrive after that and then the party really started. Just as (Y/N) knew it would be, it was fucking fun. They always had fun together, but that day seemed to have something special. Probably that was just (Y/N)'s Christmas spirit talking. Richie's Christmas spirit also seemed to be talking that day, talking a lot. He seemed too eager about everything, especially about exchanging gifts.

Even if their rule was that you could buy something small, as long as it was something meaningful - because no one in that group could afford to buy seven expensive gifts for each of the losers -, (Y/N) always bought something big and meaningful for Richie.

She wasn't sure why she did that. Maybe because she knew Richie wouldn't get any more gifts when he got home and she wanted to give him the best he could ask for. Maybe because she felt her heart getting warm every time she saw Richie's eyes light up while he opened his gifts. Maybe she loved the warm smile he gave her discreetly after opening whatever she'd given him. Maybe because she loved him and thought he deserved the best.

For the losers, Christmas is also the time to set (Y/N) up with Richie. They were so clearly in love with each other and the losers couldn't understand why they weren't together. Anyway, they had a plan to solve that situation. They just needed to get (Y/N) and Richie to go to the kitchen at the same time and hope they would look up when they walked through the kitchen door where they had put a mistletoe.