Bill Denbrough | Through Your Eyes

English isn't my first language, so please excuse any mistakes.

Requested.

Characters: Bill/fem!reader, Beverly, Eddie, Richie, Stan, Mike, Ben.

A/N: This is going to have around 5/6 parts.

Part 1.

Word Count: 1296 words.

The last few days had been weird to Bill Denbrough – and little did he know everything would be even more confusing in the following days.

(Y/N) and Bill had become good friends about two years ago, but in the last couple of weeks she had been avoiding him and he' no idea why. Well, he had his suspicions, that maybe it had to do with what had - almost - happened between them about a month ago. He hoped not. He wasn't sure about that, mostly because (Y/N) had started to ignore him only two weeks ago. He wasn't sure about anything.

All Bill knew was that it hurt him. (Y/N) was a great friend of his and, even though Bill had tried not to, he couldn't help but have feelings for her. So, knowing that he'd done something that had probably hurt her hurt him. Bill was willing to apologize and try to make up to her, but he had no idea what he had done.

At first, he hadn't thought she was avoiding him, thinking that maybe she was just busy and that's why she stopped hanging out with them. Well, he thought that until a certain day.

The seven losers had just left the ice cream parlor and were walking the streets, not having a place to go. They were all talking when Eddie asked Bill. " Why did you and (Y/N) fight?"

The Denbrough boy frowned at the question, feeling confused why his friend had come up with that idea. "We d-didn't fight, w-why?"

Eddie shrugged, focusing on his ice cream for a moment before continuing. "She always asks if you're coming when we call her to hang out with us."

Bill felt his cheeks flushing, she asked about him every time? "Oh?"

"Yeah." he licked his ice cream. "She only says no when she knows you're going to be with us."

Bill felt his heart sink with those words, looking uncomfortably at his own ice cream. So she asked him to know when not to go? Why the hell would she do that? Had he done something to her?

The boy's gaze lifted to Beverly, seeing that she was already looking at him. She looked away when she saw he had noticed. Bill narrowed his eyes at her as she pretended she hadn't paid attention to their conversation. "Bev." the girl slowly looked up at him. "Did you k-knuh-know about t-that?"

Bev just stared at him for a few seconds, sighing before she said "Yes."

"Wuh-why is s-s-she doing this?" Beverly shrugged, as if she didn't know the answer. "You muh-musst know, you're her beh-b-best friend."

The girl saw that he was genuinely confused and surprised that he was the reason for (Y/N)'s absence. He could see a little pity in her eyes. "You're so oblivous, Bill." and with that, she rushed to walk beside Richie.

Oblivious? What he'd been oblivious about? The boy frowned, looking at Eddie to see if he'd any idea what she was talking about, but he just shrugged, he'd understood as much as Bill had. After that day, he tried to talk to her several times, but she avoided him in all situations. And after those two weeks, he'd figured out a way to be in the same place as her so they could talk.

Bill asked Stan to invite (Y/N) to hang out with them and, when she asked if Bill would be there, he was supposed to say no. Maybe that way she would go. At least that's what he expected when he left the house that day, going to meet the other losers and - hopefully - her.

And Bill wasn't wrong. Knowing he wouldn't be there made (Y/N) to show up. So that was it, he would finally understand what had happened and apologize to her. That was the only thing he could think of when he saw the seven of them walking down the street toward the arcade.

The boy was walking quickly toward them when (Y/N) caught sight of him, stopping in her tracks, the smile on her face disappearing immediately. She didn't have to think too much to understand that she'd been tricked, glaring at Stan before she simply turned around and, without saying anything, started walking away from them.

"(Y/N)." Bill heard Bev calling her back, but (Y/N) just kept walking, clearly angry.

"(Y/N)!" he called her as well, hurrying his pace to try to reach her. "(Y/N), wuh-wait!"

She didn't wait, but spoke to him. "What do you want, Bill?"

"I w-want to t-tuh-talk to you!" he was just a little behind her.

"I don't think we have something to talk about." he managed to get close to her, grabbing her arm and, as gentle as he could, made her stop walking. (Y/N) turned to him, taking her arm from his grip. "What?"

"T-talk to me." he asked with pleading eyes.

"I'm not really in the mood right now." she said, rolling her eyes and turning, taking a few steps away.

"Why are you meh-mad at me?" he heard her scoffing at him, not turning to him.

"Maybe because you're an jerk." (Y/N) said back to him, making him frown at her.

"I'm the juh-jerk? Are you s-s-sure?" he felt himself getting a little angry at that. Couldn't she just explain what he'd done instead of insulting him? "You're the oh-one who have been avo-voiding me these pah-past few d-days!"

That made her turn to Bill, but none of them stepped closer to each other. "Like you're so different." a grimace was on her face. "You did the same thing before I did."

"What the hell are you t-t-talking about?" he was feeling confused, was she trying to blame him for something he hadn't done?

"So the stuttering boy is also blind?" he felt that little anger growing. "Nice."

"It's not muh-my fault if you get angry for nuh-no reason!"

"No reason?" she looked at him in disbelief.

"If there's a reason, then tell me w-wuh-what I did to you!"

(Y/N) continued to stare at him in disbelief for a few seconds before shaking her head, grunting impatiently. "You're so blind, Bill! I wish you could see things through my eyes so you would notice how much of an ass you are!"

"And I w-wuh-wish you could s-s-s-see things through my eyes s-s-so you would notice how you m-make no s-sense at all!"

"Whatever, Bill!" she said before turning around and walking away furiously.

"Yeah, w-wuh-whatever! K-keep ignoring me then, I duh-don't care!" she didn't look back, and this time Bill made no effort to stop her from going away.

When he turned, he saw that all the losers were there looking at him, having watched the whole scene. Bill just walked over to them, still feeling angry. Richie patted him on his back, murmuring something like he "knew how (Y/N) was". Bill just nodded before they walked back toward the arcade, the mood gradually returning to normal.

As the hours went by, Bill didn't feel angry anymore when he thought of their argument, but that kept going through his mind. That she'd said he was blind, coinciding in how Beverly had said that he was oblivious about something. Had Bill really done something he hadn't noticed that he'd done? What could it be? What would make her so mad at him?

The boy was confused and a little upset that his day hadn't turned out as he had planned. He just managed to push those thoughts away from his mind when he lay down to sleep later that night, not wanting to feel so miserable as he fell asleep. Little did Bill know things would be even more confusing when he woke up the next morning.