Richie Tozier | Soulmates

English isn't my first language, so please excuse any mistakes.

Requested.

Characters: Richie/fem!reader. Beverly, Ben, Stan and Patty are mentioned.

(M/N) stand for "Mother's name" .

Word Count: 2319 words.

(Y/N) was sitting on her bed, staring at the two black handprints on either side of her cheek for the millionth time in her life - that didn't mean that she understood it more than she did the first time she realized that her cheeks were a strange place to have the "soulmate's mark".

Everyone had one in the first place their soulmate would touch them and it was supposed to turn colorful for a few seconds when that happened. For some, it was obvious what action their marks meant, but (Y/N) had no idea what would happen to her. Why on Earth would her soulmate touch her two cheeks at the same time? It went through her head that maybe they would kiss her, but that would just be too weird for a first encounter.

(Y/N) sighed, getting up from the bed to put on some makeup on her face. She had always felt weird because of her soulmate mark, but then she found out it was possible to cover it - and once she'd started doing it, she never stopped, which also meant she spent a large amount of money on makeup products.

The girl continued to analyze herself in the mirror as she covered the marks until she couldn't see them anymore. She smiled faintly to herself. Okay, now it wasn't so weird.

"(Y/N)" her mother called her from downstairs. "You're going to be late!"

Neither of (Y/N)'s parents had that mark on their body anymore; it had disappeared when they touched for the first time. (M/N) didn't like this whole thing her daughter had with makeup. She would always tell her how beautiful a soulmate mark is, meaning true love and pure friendship, so she shouldn't be as ashamed of hers. (Y/N) knew what it meant, but her mother had only had small marks on her knuckles when she was younger, so she didn't understand what it was like to draw everyone's attention by having something on her face.

"(Y/N)!" her mother called again, pulling the girl out of the trance she was in as she stared at the mirror. The teen sighed. One more day at school. The girl looked at herself one last time before heading out of the room.

Even though it was a very weird mark, she had always dreamed of meeting in her other half. She knew she was a teenager, but some people her age had already found their other halves. She envied them.

Some of her friends had already found theirs. Ben and Beverly were each other's soulmates, they already knew about that when she met them. And another friend of hers, Stanley, had also found his other half. (Y/N) particularly loved this story. Stan always had a one-hand mark on his palm, as if someone would hold it. He first met Patty when she helped him get off the ground after he had an encounter with bullies. Romantic.

Many people in her own school had already had the touch; that made her happy for them, but a bit sad and bitter for herself. High school wasn't that bad, though. The students weren't so mean to her and let her have a good time. One of her friends - the infamous Trashmouth - said it was because she was hot. He loved to taunt (Y/N), and after being in his friend's group for a year, she'd grown used to that kind of comment.

Speaking of him, as the girl was getting closer to school, she saw Richie Tozier leaning against the wall. (Y/N) liked Richie, maybe a little more than she liked to admit. He was very funny and didn't hide the black mark that covered the palms of his both hands; he adored it and said that probably the first touch he would have with his soulmate would be him slapping their butt – (Y/N) didn't actually think he believed that but it was funny.