Richie Tozier | Paying Attention to You

English isn't my first language, so please excuse any mistakes.

Requested.

Characters: Richie/fem!reader, losers' club.

Word Count: 2014 words.

Richie was sitting on a bench, tapping his foot on the ground as he looked around impatiently, trying to see if Stan was coming toward him. No. Nope. No sign of him. The boy grunted. He didn't even know exactly where they would start looking for that book, but wherever they went, he wanted them to start soon, so if they didn't find it anywhere, at least Richie had time to try to think of some other present.

A few weeks ago the losers had decided they would hang out together on Christmas, but the part that made Richie really excited is that they decided to do a Secret Santa. The moment he heard about that, he started to think of all the funny presents he could buy for the losers. But he ended up getting (Y/N) and that made him nervous as heck.

(Y/N) was the newest member of the Losers' Club, and although she wasn't so outgoing, she and Richie got along. Very well. Maybe because of that and the fact that she was funny and sweet made Richie develop a crush on the girl. And that's what made him so nervous.

He could easily buy a funny present for her as he would do with the others, but he wanted something more, something that would impress her, something thoughtful. It took him a few days, but he finally found something the girl would like. A photo book where he'd put the photos she took, well, the photos she gave him.

(Y/N) loved to photograph, most of the time random things... Actually, Richie doing random things. He'd never understood why she did it, but he wasn't going to lie, he liked it. But he had never shown it to her, that he liked having her take pictures of him, that he thought she was fucking talented. Maybe she would understand that when he gave the photo book to her.

So he asked Stan if he could come along - because shopping alone is boring as hell -, but Richie ended up arriving a little earlier at their meeting point and now would have to wait until the other boy got there.

Richie sighed frustratedly, leaning back on the bench, looking around for something to focus on. His gaze lingered on the building across the street, it didn't seem to be very interesting, but as he looked at one of the windows, he watched for a few seconds a mother arguing with her daughter.

And then he heard a sound that now sounded familiar to him, making him turn quickly to the source of the sound. (Y/N) stood a few feet away from him with a camera in her hands. The girl suppressed a laugh when she saw Richie's expression of surprise at seeing her there.

"I was literally just looking at a fucking building." his surprised expression quickly disappeared as the girl walked toward him. "Why the hell would you want to take a picture of that?"

(Y/N) shrugged before sitting next to him, smiling playfully. "You're my muse."

Richie smirked at her. "If you want to take a good picture, I know exactly what you could take a picture of."

The girl rolled her eyes, letting a small laugh come out of her mouth. "Yeah, you wish."

"You do not know what great content you're missing." Richie laughed softly. "No, but seriously, why do you take these pictures?" Richie wanted to know that answer since she'd started doing that. Why did she do that? Why him? "Do you do some dirty stuff with the photos you don't give me?" he wiggled his eyebrows.

He thought she would roll her eyes at him again, or nudge him, react somehow to what he said. But she only smiled slightly, looking at him as if he were the most fascinating thing she had ever seen.