Back at HQ

---Dreams POV----

I watched as Ink paced back and forth, an annoyed expression on his face. The criminals had escaped us again. We spotted them attempting to rob a shop earlier today. Luckily they didn't manage to steal anything, but they were to fast and organised for our unprepared officers and we had lost them in the maze of alleyways.

I gazed around his office. It was supposed to look professional, but drawings were stuck up all over the place with drawing pins and blue-tack. There isn't a single blank space on his walls. Absolutely all of the once red brick walls were now covered with sheets go paper with his beautiful drawings on them. His desk had pencils, rubbers and art supplies strewn all over it. In all the corners of the room stacks of plain or drawn on paper could also be seen.

He did have draws full of case files and records however, his office wasn't just full of art. He was currently scanning the info for what we knew so far about the criminal gang, which admittedly wasn't much. We barely knew anything about them, and that's not a good thing.

Ink had recently been promoted as Chief of Craitowns police force and everyone can see that the stress is slowly getting to him. 

Humans and monsters had made peace a few years ago, but monsters are still treated by some people as 'lower class'. Most monsters wouldn't be given such an important job, so this means a lot to him and Craitowns monster population.

Ink was staring down at the files in his hands, his gaze seeming to be burning the paper. After a few seconds he sighed, collapsing into his comfy chair, looking at me with a tired smile.

A sudden loud knock on Ink's door made me jump slightly and we both turned to face the door quickly.

"Chief can I come in?" Said who I guessed was Reaper, another high up officer.

"Yes" replied ink wearily. 

The door opened to reveal Reaper in his usual dark cloak hiding his face, his hood casting a shadow over his permanent smile that still made me shiver.

"Chief I'm here to inform you that prisoner 369 is ready for questioning."

I thought in my head as to who prisoner 369 is...probably that weird 90s guy that was recently caught.

"Okay I'm on my way..." Ink sighed. 

Reaper mock saluted before turning and leaving. Ink pushed himself up off the chair and walked to the door. Then suddenly, he stopped, his hand gripped round the door handle.

He turned to face me and looked as if he was about to tell me something important but he stoped, his eyes showing a red question mark and a purple diamond. I opened my mouth to ask what was wrong but he had already left, shutting the door behind him.

I sat there for a while in confusion before looking around the colourful room, admiring all the drawings. I stood up and slowly walked over to Ink's desk, deciding to have a quick peek at what he was working on right now.

I located his current art book, one of many. He has many, many art books all full of fantastic drawings and paintings.

 I flicked to the most recent page and felt my cheeks heat up when I saw it was a picture of me. It wasn't finished, he had just started adding the colour to my smiling face.

The half-finished drawing showed me sat down on a fluffy rug in front of a log fire, reading a book. He must have started that when he came round to say hi the other day. I smiled to myself, flicking through a few more pages and admiring the drawings before shutting the book and placing it back where I found it.

I was about to leave when I saw something that made my soul momentarily stop. The corner of a case file was poking out from under a stack of messy papers. My hand reached out for it and to my confusion, it was shaking.

I griped the corner of the sheet to see a record of a person who's name I couldn't hear without nearly braking down into tears...

Name: Nightmare Joku
Age: 21
Family: Brother; Dream Joku
Mother; Dead
Father; Unknown
Species: Skeleton
Nightmare Joku went missing one day after a mission to breach in a science lab went wrong. The building blew up with several people inside; Nightmare included. All bodies were found dead except for the skeletons, who's body or dust was never found and is art the moment assumed to be missing. That or the dust burnt up in the flames.

I slammed the case file back down on the desk, tears threatening to fall from my eyes. I turned and walked out of the office ignoring any looks given by fellow work colleagues.

"He's alive! I know it..." I muttered to my self as I walked out of the building heading towards my house. 

Half way there, I felt the feeling that someone was watching me.

I looked to my side which led down a dark alleyway, and through the darkness I could make out the silhouette of a person, and for some reason their figure looked...familiar.

I took a step closer when suddenly the figure turned around and my gaze was met with and icy blue stare. I took a step back in shock. For some reason that look seemed familiar. But before I could do anything it had turned and ran into the darkness.

"WAIT!" I yelled as I ran after this mystery figure. I didn't know why he they seemed familiar but I needed to know who they were.

I ran round a corner skidding to a halt in surprise as I nearly rammed into a brick wall. "What how's this possible?!" I looked around desperately. "They were right there!"

---??? POV---
I watched from a rooftop as the small skeleton looked around, confused as to where I had vanished. I smirked to myself. "I'm not that easy to catch~ You should know that by now...
Little Brother..."

----------------------------------------------
Yay another chapter done ✅
It went okay I guess😊
MERRY CROSSMASS EVERYONE😝
-Jess-