You can't cage an animal Forever

---Nightmare's POV----

I hate this body. It's disgusting and weak. But it has its perks.

I slipped my now slender thin wrists from the chains holding me against the wall with no problem.

The magic restraints were a different story. They were tight enough in my corrupted form, but even in passive they wouldn't slip off my wrists. Or my ankles.

This is going to make everything so much harder.

I looked up at the sound of sudden footsteps heading my way. I scrambled over to the door, standing next to it, out of sight from whoever is out side.

The sound of the footsteps stopped outside of my cell and I grinned. This is perfect. The small latch slid open and a small window of light faintly light up the cell. I could sense the person on the other side peering in and trying to see if I was still there.

"Where is he?" The person mumbled.

Open the door you stupid officer I thought, don't alert the others. Just open the cell so you can see where I've gone.

I grinned at the sound of some keys jangling and I stepped a bit further back, into the shadows, to make sure they didn't see me and ruin my whole plan.

I heard the key click into the lock as it twisted. There was also a hand scanner outside the cells in this block, must be a special ward for extremely dangerous criminals. I smiled at the thought. It's all good having high tech to keep us in, but whats the point if the police can just simply let us out themselves?

The door slowly opened a fraction, the officer was peering in from the outside, still not sure about if this was safe.

I silently urged them on in my head, willing them to take a few steps so that they would be completely inside the cell. If they did then my plan would be fully in action. 

I silently cheered as they took a cautious step forwards, pushing the cell open a bit, lighting up the room a bit more. I shrank back against the wall as they opened the door a bit more, stepping forwards again.

They were now in my line of vision. It was a woman. She was cautiously peering into the darkness of the cell, gripping the door tightly with one hand. In the other she held a taser.

"Where are you criminal scum?" She called quietly. "Where are you hiding? Why don't you crawl out of the darkness like a good creepy octopus boy?" 

She took another tentative step forwards and I grinned. Perfect.

I silently crept forwards, trying too keep in her blind spot.

But she must have heard me or something because she suddenly whipped round and fired the taser at me. I flung myself to the side before jumping up and slamming her against the wall, a hand over her mouth.

Her eyes were full of fear and desperation. It made me smile to see that even in this disgusting pitiful form I can still intimidate people.

"Shhhh." I purred. "We wouldn't want anyone to hear you would we? Because if anyone did they might find you laying on the floor with your pretty little neck snapped. Got that?"

She frantically nodded her head and I smirked. This couldn't be going more in my favour right now.

I reached down and unhooked the keys from her belt and held them up to her face. "Do these open all the cells?" I whispered. She shook her head. "Is it only for the specialist cells?" She nodded frantically in response.

I growled, dropping them to the floor. I had no use for them. I wasn't about to pull off a mass breakout. Just making sure that the others made it out with me. (so considerate)