Saving Error

---Cross' POV----

We watched, frozen, as a giant fleshy purple tongue wrapped itself around Error, covering him in saliva and goop.

The vine that had been holding loosened.

"IT'S GONNA EAT HIM!" Dust yelled.

"NOT IF I CAN HELP IT!"

I charged forwards towards the mother plant, knife at the ready.

"CROSS NO!" Dust yelled, I continued running, smirking at the sight of some vines shooting towards me in protection.

I sliced through the first one, side stepped the next, then jumped over the final one, kicking down and pushing off, flying towards the tongue.

The vine released Error and the tongue convulsed and pulled down, dragging him down with it.

I let out a cry and sliced my way right through the tongue, purple blood and spit flying everywhere.

I landed on the other side of the giant plant in a messy roll, spraining my ankle in the process, I staggered to my feet only to be met by a wall of thick vines.

Behind me the plant was screeching its head off, thrashing from side to side, a shower of blood washed over me. It burned my slightly as it touched my exposed bones, and it smelt dire.

The vines reared up, ready to strike and I felt my legs buckle and I collapsed to my knees, out of energy, too tired to fight back anymore.

I sighed and closed my eyes, waiting to feel the vines wrap round me and rip me apart.

I heard the slithering sound of them rearing up ready to attack and I braced myself. Preparing for the oncoming pain.

For some reason I opened my eyes.

The vines were rushing towards me, ready to kill. I gulped and relaxed, ready for them.

Suddenly I felt myself get shoved to the side and swung off the ground. I looked up to see Nightmare, a tentacle wrapped round a branch, keeping him up.

"I LEAVE YOU ALONE FOR FIFTEEN MINUTES AND THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS!" He yelled, the tentacle letting go so that we hit the ground.

Nightmare picked me up and looked around. I scanned the forest as well. Where was Error?

There!

Hanging up in the trees by his strings. He looked dazed but seemingly unharmed.

"OVER HERE!" Nightmare yelled.

Error turned and noticed us, instantly teleporting to our side. "Where are the others?" He gasped, clutching his ribs.

"Right here."

We turned around to see Killer and Dust.

And behind them, more vines.

"GO GO GO!" Nightmare yelled, putting me down and starting to run. We didn't need to be told twice.

We tore through the forest, pushing past trees, and tripping over roots, our clothes getting caught on branches.

I stared falling behind because of my sprained ankle, I didn't need to look behind me to know that the vines were quickly gaining on me, twisting and turning round trees, attempting to catch us so we could be food for their Queen.

Nightmare glanced behind him as he ran, noticing my slow of speed. "KEEP GOING!" He yelled, "THEY WON'T BE ABLE TO FOLLOW US MUCH LONGER!"

He pulled away from the others, and wrapped a tentacle round my wrist, pulling me along. I desperately gulped down air, but not enough was getting to me. My head was going fuzzy.