Nothing....

---Dust's POV----

He was crouched in the shadows, peering left and right. As far as I could tell he hadn't spotted me yet.

I quickly looked back at the officers, they were steadily making their way over. "Did you see that?" One of them asked.

"Yeah, it looked like a person. Perhaps it's one of those criminals were after?"

"Obviously. Who else would want to come to this place?"

I cursed silently and looked back over at Killer.

He had noticed the officers and had slunk back into the shadows, his silhouette barely visible in the darkness of the alleyway.

I decided to do something risky.

Back when Killer and I were exploring the world, bored of life, before we joined up with the gang.

I remember we had learned bird whistles, like the ones Genocide did, but we learnt the actual sound the bird would make. We could send out a string of tweets (idfk wht I'm writing rn) to each other, like a birdsong.

Of course we couldn't understand the tweets, but we could, recognise each other's calls.

I raised my thumb and index finger go my mouth and let out a string of tweets.

From the darkness I saw Killer's head immediately perk up, looking for me. He crept forwards, keeping note of the officers position.

He cautiously let out a string of tweets in response. I didn't answer. The cops were almost apron me.

"Did you hear that?" One of them asked.
"It was a bird idiot. Nothing more."
"A bit early for birds to be up, don't you think?"

(I just remembered it's supposed to be dark rn......oh well.....it's nearly dawn.)

Killers eyes scanned across the road of houses, resting on the house I was currently hid in. He seemed to instantly notice me and his face relaxed in relief for a moment before he looked back at the incoming officers.

He looked at me panicked and I returned the expression. What am I going to do?

Killer seemed to have an idea because he'd stood up and backed up into the darkness. The cops were almost spin me. Blue was hugging my tight in fear and I returned the action.

A few seconds later I heard a loud crash from the alleyway Killer had previously been crouched at followed by a muffled cry of "Shit!"

The officer immediately turned and looked down the alleyway.

"IT'S ONE OF THEM!" One yelled. They ran down the alleyway and the other two followed quickly in response.

I watched tense as they ran off into the shadows. Nothing happened for a minute and I thought Killer had messed up and got caught.

But then he scrambled out of the shadows over to me. "Come on dude! We gotta go!"

I nodded, and got up, keeping a tight grip on Blue.

We booked it and ran off down the road swerving down some random alleyway. We stopped there for a second to catch our breath. That's when Killer noticed Blue.

He let out a dry chuckle. "Got him back did you?"

I smirked in response. "Yeah, not leaving him again."