Snatchers

---Cross' POV----

I stared out at the ash covered corrupted land before me. I've never seen anything like it.

I glanced nervously at the others, they seemed unsure about this place as well. Nightmare didn't seem to care, he walked forward through the ash, and glanced back at us.

"You coming or what?" None of us moved. I looked behind me at Chara, who was shaking his head.

"Cross your stupid. We all know that. But your not stupid enough to follow a goop covered tentacle monster into a corrupted land of ash and death!" He said.

He attempted to fly away, but we can only get a certain distance away from each other before an invisible chord stops us from going any further and pulls us back.

I took a deep breath and put one step forward, the ash blew to the side a bit at the impact, letting out a soft thumping sound.

"Cross No! I'm serious!" Chara yelled, attempting to push himself away from me, but alas he got slowly pulled closer as I took another step.

I walked defiantly over to Nightmares side and looked out at the dead expanse in front of me. I gulped.
Well then.

Nightmare looked back at the others, a cocky grin on his face. "What's the matter? Scared?"

That sparked a reaction.

"We're not scared!" Horror yelled.
"Speak for yourself." Lust muttered, clutching Horrors arm tightly.

"Cross isn't scared." Nightmare said. "But you all are. How pitiful." I looked at the ground. I was scared to be truthful. But I trust Nightmare.

The others glared at him. He was building them up, making them pissed on purpose.

"That's enough!" Error said, he looked at the floor and took a tentative step forward, his black slipper sinking into the ash. He visibly cringed and took another step forward.

Never before have I felt so glad to have trainers on. The thought of the ash gathering round my feet and staining them black made me shudder.

But then again. Errors feet were already black.

Error walked slowly over to me and Nightmare an expression of disgust on his face.

Killer and Dust glanced at each other before also trudging towards us. "Remind me why we can't just teleport there." Killer grumbled, shaking ash of his shoe, only to put it back down in the black flakes.

"Because I'm the only one that knows where it is and I don't fancy taking each of you individually all the way there. However strong you think I am, I'm not able to take all of you there."

Killer only grumbled in response, muttering about how he wanted to to back to Craitown. We were all thinking that. But we couldn't go back. We all know that.

Horror started dragging Lust over to us as well, despite his cries of protest. It was quite funny to watch him pulling against Horror, desperately trying to escape the corrupted land the rest of us were standing in.

Horror gave one last tug but Lust slipped his arm out of his grip and scrambled back onto the grass.

"I'm not going out there!" He said, his eyes flickering over the ash covered stretch of land.

"You'd have to be crazy to think I'd go out there!"

Nightmare simply shrugged. "Okay. See you....never I guess." He started walking again. Then he turned.