Showdown

"Charmander, leer!"

The yellow mouse got blind-sighted by a bright flash, lowering its defense. Still, the Pikachu moved in closer.

"Sparky, Thunderwave!"

It pressed down on its red cheeks, sending a wave of electricity straight towards Charmander.

The lizard reeled back from the paralyzing waves, holding it in place.

"C'mon, Charmander. Work through the waves!"

As the lizard struggled, Pikachu ran back to its trainer for orders.

"You didn't nickname your Charmander?"

"No. Couldn't think of a good name. Charmander, send a flamethrower to Pikachu's location!"

The lizard did a quick guess, then fired a massive line of flames to where Pikachu raced around Ray. The shocked look on his face said it all.

"Quick attack! Let's go!"

The rodent flipped onto its feet and raced towards the lizard, smacking into it and sending it flying back towards Delia.

It's too fast, Delia thought. I'm getting defensive, but there isn't much energy left in Charmander.

"Charmander quickly! Use-"

The lizard writhed on the floor as the waves held it in place. The paralysis set in.

"One more Thundershock, Pikachu! Let's end this!" Pikachu obliged, sending bolts of lightning at Charmander. The little orange lizard couldn't take much more, and it collapsed.

"Charmander is unable to battle! Pikachu wins, which means Ray won the battle!"

Ray happily swung Pikachu around as Delia retrieved her monster.

"You may have won the battle, Ray. But I'll win the war, sooner or later!"

Ray just stuck out his tongue as Red realized something.

"Is it a three-way tie?"

The two other trainers looked at each other.

"Well, I just won, Delia won against you, and you won against me..."

They all looked at each other incredulously.

"This was never planned, was it?"

Red scratched the back of his head as the other two trainers got up to meet him.

"No, it wasn't, Red. I guess we messed up."

"Yep."

Delia looked at the two boys.

"I guess those lemonades would be pretty good right about now."

Red turned to Delia and burst out laughing. Soon the other two joined in, almost all the way to the Cafeteria.