Delia vs. Koga

It was Koga's day to teach a class. Dressed in purple robes, he sat next to an incense candle amongst students in a dark-lit room. The desks sat in a neat pile away from the students. He fed the minds of his students not with textbooks or written lessons, rather with hands-on experience; making their own potions and mastering skills of ninjitsu and pokemon training.

All she did was walk in and challenge him. No one else had quite as much moxie than Delia that day. It was like something clicked inside of her. Nothing would stop her.

She didn't waste the rest of the day training. All she knew was that she wasn't going to be left behind. No one would beat her to excelling out of this school.

Koga didn't even react any differently. Without a change on his face, he ordered the students to leave the classroom and escorted Delia to the indoor battlefield.

"This is where we'll do battle, Delia. I give you one last chance to leave before we fight to the end."

He moved his hand away from her shoulder as the students watched her stand in pause. This would be it, she thought. One more fight and this will all be over.

She turned to the young ninja, confident behind his bowed head and hard jawline.

"Let's do this." That's all she replied. The other students stared in awe as she walked to the other side of the platform.

"I see."

An official referee was called to the match as he reached his platform.

"So this must be your last fight before becoming a trainer?" He small-talked. She nodded, and he smirked.

"I see. So you must have been here a long time, haven't you?"

She took her battle stance as the official stepped between the two trainers, two flags in her hands.

"Welcome, spectators to the match between Delia Arvaniti and Gym Leader Koga. Are both fighters ready?"

"Yes, Ma'am. I, Koga the Gym Leader, am ready," he smirked.

Delia simply nodded.

"Then trainers, select your pokemon!"

Without a moment's notice, Bella anxiously emerged from her pokeball. A second later, Koga's champion cracked out of its metallic shell, hovering onto the stage. She knew it was coming, awful stench and all. A Koffing faced against her Weepinbell.

The official raised her flag.

The fight of her life began.

"Vine whip that sucker!"

A torrent of vines emerged from the massive bell, smashing down on the poison gas Pokemon.

"Smog attack."

Koffing obeyed, sending a cloud of poison smog in Bella's direction, seeping into its skin and poisoning it. Delia winced as her beloved pokemon stumbled to the floor.

"Hit back with a wrap!"

The other trainer chuckled as the bell pokemon tried to grip Koffing, only to grab at smelly air.

"You're one of those three trainers that are always together, right Delia?"

After multiple attempts to wrap Koffing, the poison ebbed away at Bella's strength. Delia kept an ear perked to what Koga was saying.

"I've seen you here for a long time."

Weepinbell stumbled down again. One more attack would do it.