Four

But nothin' is better sometimes

Once we've both said our goodbyesLet's just let it goLet me let you go

Quiet when I'm comin' home and I'm on my own

======

"What do you mean?" my eyes start to get wet and my heart falls.

"He talked to Andrew and then both of them walked out of the hospital. No one knows where they went and none of them are answering their phones" She caresses my hand "He left this, Andrew said Shawn wanted me to give it to you" she pulls out a folded paper from her pocket. I grab it with shaky hands and I'm not sure if I'm ready to read what it says.

« Diane,
Something happened so I don't think I can do this right now and I can't be here but I trust you can. Don't worry, I'll be back soon, I promise.

Take care,
           Shawn »

I calm a little when I read that, maybe he needed to do something related to his job.

"Is everything okay?" Lena asks.

"Yeah, he just needed to do something, maybe he has work" I force a smile. I'm honestly kinda disappointed that he can't be here now, but I understand that this is his job, and since we never told anyone, no one knows he's busy with me and our babies at the moment.

"How long will it take him to come back?" She asks.

"I don't know, he didn't say"

"Do you want me to stay with you and help you with your kids?" She asks shyly.

"That'd be great! Thank you" suddenly, the room is filled with baby cryings "Someone needs food" Lena says funny and walks to one of the two cots that are in the room.

She gives me the baby who has blue blanket. That's Dylan.

"I don't think the other one will take too long to wake up too" Lena says while I feed Dylan "By the way, you haven't told me their names" she gives me a disapproval look and then laughs.

"Yeah, sorry. He is Dylan, and over there, there's Kailani" I smile.

"They are beautiful, the names and them" she caresses Dylan's cheek.

As if it was planned, when I finish feeding this baby, the other one starts crying.

"Give him to me, I'll bring Kailani" Lena says and I do what she tells me.

"Hey baby" I say to Kailani when she's in my arms already.

I keep talking with Lena as I feed my baby girl.

"Can I hold her?" She asks when I'm done feeding her. I nod and she extends her arms to grab her.

Thirty minutes later, there's a knock on the door again and Lena opens it and I spot my mum standing on the other side.

"Hey girls" she smiles and walks to me.

"Hey mum, how are you?" I ask this time. Everyone had their turn to ask how I was doing but I never got mine.

"We're so happy for you and Shawn. And by the way, where is he?" She frowns her brows.

"He left a note saying he had to do something but I don't know how long he'll be gone" I shrug.

"You can't blame him, since none of you said anything about the babies to anyone but us" she tells me.

"I know, and I don't blame him. You know I understand him"

"Where's the other baby?" She asks after a while.

"Dylan, and he's over there" I point at the cot.

"That's a beautiful name" she says as she walks to take my baby boy.

"Thank you, it took Shawn a while to choose it" I sigh.

"The nurse told me that if everything goes well, you'll be able to leave tomorrow" my mum says as she holds Dylan in her arms and softly sways him.

"That's great, thank you" I smile.

[...]

I change into some clothes that my mum brought me and grab Kailani's car seat while Lena was carrying Dylan's.

We walk out of the room to reception to find my parents filling the last papers of my check out. When they are done, we walk to their car and they give us a ride to the condo.

"Do you guys want something to drink?" I ask to my parents when we're in mine and Shawn's home.

"No, thank you. We'll leave you so you can get used to your kids and to update with Lena about your lives cause I don't think you had much time in the hospital for that" my dad says.

"Okay, thank you for everything. I'll call you if I need something" I kiss their cheeks and they make their way to the lift "Come on, I'll show you your room" I say to Lena and help her carry one of her suitcases to the guests room.

I help her unpack some of her clothes and put them in order in the closet.

"Thank you, Diane" she says after she finishes putting everything in order.

"Thank you for coming and staying to help me with my babies" I give her a smile.

"Have you called Shawn?" She asks after a while.

"No, actually I'll call him now" I grab my phone from my pocket and call him. I frown my brows when he was not answering. The call wasn't even possible to make "What the hell?"

"What?" Lena asks.

"He blocked me" I look at her and then his note came into my head 'I can't do this right now, but i trust you can' "Tell me he fucking didn't" I say to Lena and then walk quickly to my room.

I open the closet to look for Shawn's stuff. There was nothing but my clothes. I look around for more of his things but all I can find was mine.

I start to sweat cold, my body is shaking, my breathing is heavy and tears threaten to come out of my eyes.

"What's going on?" Lena asks confused as she enters my room.

"When you said Shawn had left, he literally left. There's absolutely nothing of his stuff here!" I yell and now the tears started to run down my cheeks uncontrollably as I try to process what the fuck is going on.

"Let me call him, this might be a misunderstanding" she says and does what she told me "He blocked me too" she looks concerned at me.

I start to blow up his phone with messages but none of them are being delivered, I check all of his social media but he blocked me and Lena everywhere. We try to check all the social media of his team, but everyone had blocked us as well. What? Did he really mean he couldn't take care of his own kids? He really left me like this?This isn't somethng he would do.  After all these years I thought I knew him better, I thought he was better. What a coward you are, Shawn Mendes.

I try calling him a few more times but it was useless.

He was gone.