Forty eight

Songs for the chapter:

Sunburn - Ed Sheeran
You Don't Own Me - Grace ft. G-Eazy
Sorry - Halsey

——— ☼ ———

"Thank you for this weekend, I had such an amazing and relaxing time" I said to Shawn when he pulled out in front of my building.

"You're welcome, I'm glad you accepted to go" he gave me a smile "I'll help you with your suitcase" we both hopped out of his jeep.

"I'll see you tomorrow, guys" I said to my kids. They'll still be staying with Shawn's parents because they don't want to give me any problems. At first I refused but then gave in since they begged me for over an hour.

"I'll be right back, guys" Shawn said to them and we both walked inside the building.

"When's your appointment?" He said, breaking the silence we were holding as he pointed at my crutches.

"Tomorrow, why?"

"Do you think I can go with you?" He asked shyly. A smile appeared slowly on my face and I nod at him.

"Sure, it's at 2.00 in the afternoon"

The doors of the lift open and we walk out to my apartment, or Shawn's apartment? Our apartment? The apartment, that's it.

As we were walking to the door I see someone in the hallway, he was about to knock on the door when he saw us, he turned and his eyes found mine for less than a second, then he looked at Shawn and clenched his jaw.

"Hey, Cameron, you're back. What are you doing here?" I said nervously.

"I wanted to surprise you." He said cold "What are you doing with him?" He gave a disgusted look to Shawn.

"She spent the weekend with me" Shawn said before I could even take breath to speak.

"Why were you with him?" Cameron raised his voice a little and I frightened.

"Don't talk to her like that" Shawn's voice raised as well and he got closer to Cameron in a threatening way.

"Hey, you two shut up!" I placed myself between them two so they won't hit each other, again. "He is my friend, I can go out with my friends, okay? It's my life and I do whatever I want with it" I said looking at Cameron.

"Your friend? After all that he's done to you, you still have the courage to be his friend?" He asked sceptical.

"Shawn, you need to go" I looked at him and he nodded. He put my suitcase on the floor and walked away "And you and I need to talk" I walked to the apartment's door and he grabbed my suitcase to then get in the apartment after me.

"So? Are you going to tell me why were you with him?" Cameron asked and took a seat on a stool.

"Look, there are two kids between Shawn and I, I can't just kick him out of my life since he's their father"

"I understand that, but why do you have to spend time with him? Like going out with him for the weekend and stuff?"

"Because of the twins! Don't you understand?" I kinda yelled exasperated.