Forty four

Kaylee's PoV:

When Shawn got here I got that feeling of wanting to hug him but slap him at the same time again and all the time he was here I couldn't help to think about kissing him. "Remember what he did, don't let him fool you with his lies again" I kept on saying to myself as he kept on talking "You're no longer with him for a reason, keep that in mind. You love Cameron" Do I? I mean, he's cute, he's polite, really respectful, he treats me well, he's smart, kind and I could go on with the list, but since I came back home from the hospital I have been feeling awkward around him and sometimes even uncomfortable like he's not the one who I should be kissing, he's not the one who I should be holding hands with, he's not the one who I should be laughing with or sharing secrets, but somehow I know he is, because when he went to Germany we agreed to continue with our relationship once he came back because we love each other, right?

When Shawn left an hour ago he left me with a strange feeling of emptiness and nostalgia; the way he looked at me, how his eyes got tearful and his voice cracked the slightest with every word that came out of his plump lips and when those tears started to run down his cheeks, my god, I wish I had never seen him like that, so broken and hurt and because of no one else but me. But I also got a feeling of relief and relaxation. I don't think I could've handled his lies more than I did between yesterday and today, if it's that they're lies, because tats what they are, right?

I grabbed my crutches and went out of my room, even though I'm not able to walk properly for now, I guess a "walk" in the park will help me clear my mind, or I'll jus sit on a bench, whatever happens first.

I walk out of the apartment and head to the park, by car it's fifteen minutes away, let's see how far it's by walking.

Thirty five minutes later I finally got to the park and I headed to a bench next to the lake and looked at the people walking by. Considering that's a little late now, there still were people running, walking their dogs, playing with their kids and couples just walking while holding hands and being flirty with each other. A tall, brunette boy passed in front of me on his skateboard and all of a sudden I got a flashback.

"Wait for me! You know I don't like running" I rolled my eyes and Shawn laughed at me as he stopped skating. He turned to come back to me.

"It's not my fault that you're a baby and don't want to learn how to skate because you're scared" he made a pout laughing at me and I playfully slapped his upper arm.

"I am not a baby!"

"Then, go ahead" he pointed at his skateboard and slightly smirked, I crossed my arms under my chest and looked away from him.

"No..."

"Why?" He said, almost laughing.

"Because I'm scared I might fall and hurt myself, okay?" I say in surrender and he burst into laughter "Don't laugh at me, idiot" I slapped his arm once again.

"Ouch, stop doing that" he massaged the area I hit and I rolled my eyes. Exaggerated kid.

"Then stop laughing at me"

"Come on, get on" he pointed at his skateboard once again and I shook my head.

"No, my ass is too dumb and I'm going to fall" I sighed. He got closer to me and when his mouth was close enough to my ear he spoke.

"Your ass is good" he pulled away with a smirk on his lips and I felt my cheeks heating. I bet I look like a tomato.

"Shut up!" I said shyly and covered my face with my left hand. Shawn laughed again and kissed my forehead.