Thirty eight

It's been two weeks since I died and came back into my body, completing a whole month of being in a coma.

The room was alone, it was probably midnight, I could tell by the cold of the environment and the silence of it as well.

I took a deep breath and tried to move any part of my body, which I couldn't. God, this is making me anxious and I'm sick of not being able to move or talk.

Once again, I tried my hardest to move or emit any sounds, at least a groan.

Slowly my eyelids shook, just like when you're about to sneeze but just don't do it, it kinda felt like that.

"Come on, Kaylee, wake up" I mentally cheered myself a couple times to do so "You can do this, how hard can it be to open your eyes, huh?" I kept on cheering myself until my eyes started to slowly open.

I looked around and I saw the dark, empty hospital room, until my eyes looked at the couch next to me. There was boy laying there, I don't know if it was for the lack of light, because I just opened my eyes for the first time or because of both, but I didn't recognise the person next to me.

The door opened and a nurse came in with a small bag of serum.

"Hey, Kaylee. As usual, I'm going to change your... Oh my god" she frightened when I looked at her with my eyes wide open. She slowly started to smile "Hi, I am so glad you did it" she grabbed my hand "Your hand is warmer now, that's good" her smile became bigger "I'm just going to change your serum, is that alright?" I tried to speak to her but all that came out was a soft groan "Don't force yourself to speak yet, eventually you'll get to do so" she started to change the empty bag of serum to the full one and then walked to the couch "Mr. Ivanov" she shook him a little to wake him up.

"What? Is something wrong?" He stood up quickly from the couch.

"No, actually I have a surprise for you" she said nicely. She grabbed him by his hand and led him to the hospital bed where I was laying.

I immediately recognised him when his blue eyes connected with mine.

"I told you to stop!" I yelled at Alison when she threw me a fried potato for the fifth time in the café "Seriously I need to work" she laughed at me and threw me another of her fries. I grabbed it and threw it back to her table, which was next to the one I was, but accidentally hit a guy's eye who was walking by. "I'm so sorry" I said and covered my mouth to hide the smile that was forming on my face. I walked to him and he was rubbing his right eye and laughing slightly "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, everything's fine, it's not like a fried potato will pull out my eye" he chuckled and so did I. He finally looked at me and I noticed his beautiful hypnotising blue eyes.

"I'm Kaylee" I extended my hand and he grabbed it.

"I'm Cameron, nice to meet you, Potato Girl" he said jokingly and I laughed.

"Hey Cam, you're coming tonight right?" Mike asked him. Cameron must be one of Lena's friends from college but I've never seen him before.

"Of course I am" he gave Mike a smile and I went back to my table to keep on looking for things I'll be needing to prepare a concert that will take place this weekend at the Air Canada Centre. I took a sip of my cappuccino and kept on typing on my laptop.

"Hey, are you going clubbing with us tonight?" Alison asked as she took a seat next to me.

"You know I can't" I sighed and crossed out something on the list I had next to me for the things I'll need.