Twenty

"Can you please stop playing like that with your hands, it's just my family, you've know them for a while now" Shawn mocks me and grabs my left hand to stop me from playing with them.

"But it's been a while since I last talked properly to them" I look at him worried and he looks at me with cuteness.

"They still adore you, stop being so over dramatic" ke kisses my knuckles and I sigh.

Come on Kaylee, it's just Mr. and Mrs. Mendes, it's not like you haven't talked to them in your life. I mentally cheer myself.

Oh but what if they hate me for not talking to them? I mean, I stoped talking to shawn and I wanted to cut any contact with them as well, will they understand that? Will they understand how her I was back then? Will they think I'm a bad person? Oh boy, I'm making myself more nervous with these thoughts.

When we arrive, we walk hand in hand to his porch.

"Just be yourself, as always, okay?" He holds my hand tighter and I nod, then he pecks my lips to give me a little bit more reassurance.

Shawn's POV:

We walk inside to find my mum finishing making breakfast and my dad setting the table.

"Hey dad" I say as I hug him.

"How are you guys?" He gives me a smile.

"Hey, Mr. Mendes" Kaylee says while smiling shyly. She looks so cute like that but there isn't any need to be nervous.

"Since when do you call me like that? I'm still Manny for you" he smiles at her and pulls her into a hug.

"Thank you, it's really good to see you again" she smiles again at him. She seems more relaxed now, that's good. She tends to get really nervous for little things and I don't know why I find that extremely cute.

"We'll go say hi to mum" I say and push Kay to the kitchen "See? He's still Manny for you" I say in her ear, trying to make her feel more comfortable. She smiles at me and I kiss her cheek.

"Good morning, mum" I say getting closer to her.

"Hey, baby, I didn't hear you coming in" she says kissing my cheek and hugging me "Diane, I'm glad you came!" she literally pushes me away to hug my girlfriend. God, I can call her like that again and it feels so amazing. She's mine.

"Hello, Mrs..." she stops talking when my mum looks bad at her "Karen" she says and my mum nods.

"You're always so cute, young lady. There's no need to be shy, we already know you, Diane" my mum says getting back to whatever she was doing.

"Oh, I'd rather be called Kaylee from now on" she says shyly.

"Of course, sweetie" my mum smiles at her.

"Where's Aaliyah?" I ask, placing my arm around Kaylee's waist.

"Upstairs, still getting ready"

"She spent the night here?" I furrow my brows.

"Yeah, she came for dinner yesterday and it was late when she wanted to go so I made her stay" my mum shrugs.

A few minutes later Aaliyah comes downstairs, the room got an uncomfortable vibe when she and Kaylee said hello to each other, they were never the closest friends but didn't hate each other, they had this weird relationship where they just tolerated one another. Why? Simply because Aaliyah can be the most jealous person on earth.