Twety three

"Let's swim before the sun sets!" Shawn begs me like a little kid.

"No, it's getting cold" I complain.

"I'll keep you warm" he smirks and I roll my eyes.

"Idiot" I say under my breath.

"Excuse me? What did you say?" He puts his hand around his ear, laughing at me.

"Idiot" I repeat loud and slowly.

"You will regret it" he laughs sarcastically.

He starts to chase after me and I run the fastest I can, of course it was useless cause he grabbed me firmly after a few seconds.

He carries me to the edge of the lake and my constant apologies and screams are not enough to convince him to not throw me to the water. At the end, he jumps to the lake, still with his arms wrapped around my waist.

"I hate you so much" I say when I come out to breathe.

"You don't" he pulled me closer to hug me but I push him away "Don't be a baby" he complains when I starts to swim away to get out of the water "Babe!" He yells.

I feel how he grabs my ankle and pulls me back to him, not letting me swim.

"You're not going anywhere, young lady" he smirks and I make a pout. I am really starting to get cold.

"But I'm cold" I say.

"Then come here" he wraps his strong arms around my neck and I place mine around his waist.

He puts his hand on my chin and makes me look to his eyes. Shawn doesn't say anything, he's just looking at me.

"What?" I say as I frown my brows.

"You're gorgeous" he doesn't give me any chance to answer back because he covers my lips with his soft ones.

We stay like that for a while, enjoying every second of this moment, kissing at times and hearing nothing but each other's breathing and the slight sound of the water when we moved to see each other.

When the moon is at the top of the sky, we decide to go inside the cabin and take a shower so we won't catch a cold.

I get into the shower first, taking my time to repeat in my mind this first day of our little getaway, smiling at every flashback of it. When I come out, I put on my pyjamas and brush my hair, then I walk downstairs to see Shawn lighting the fireplace.

"Bathroom's all yours" I say and wrap myself with my arms. It still feel weird that he sees me in my pyjamas.

"Don't do that" he walks to me and unwraps me while looking to my eyes "You don't have to feel uncomfortable or ashamed, you're so beautiful it doesn't matter what you're wearing" he says caressing my hands. I stand on my toes and peck his lips.

"Thank you, baby. Now take a shower before you catch a cold" I push him away and he walks to the stairs.

While Shawn takes a shower, I sit in front of the fire admiring it. The sound of the wood cracking relaxes me so much and it reminds me of when Shawn and I were kids and his parents brought us here to spend the weekend. Apparently, things haven't changed that much.

"You don't have to sit there, you're already hot enough" Shawn says at my back and I laugh. How long was I lost looking to the fireplace?

"Your pickup lines are still horrible" I say, walking to him.

"They still make you blush, so that works for me" he smiles at me and I shake my head funny.

"Come here" he grabs my hand and we walk together to the couch.