Epilogue

"Baby, tell me when you're ready, I'm waitin'
Baby, any time you're ready, I'm waitin'
Even ten years from now if you haven't found somebody
I promise, I'll be around
Tell me when you're ready, I'm waitin'..."

{October}

Kaylee's PoV:

"Isn't it too much?" I asked to my mum.

"Honey, your makeup is perfect, just like you" she smiled at me. Tears started accumulating in my eyes.

"Oh my god, I can't cry, I'm going to ruin my makeup" I breathe in and out deeply to calm down "Can you pass me my shoes, please?" I asked as I gave one last look to my reflection in the full length mirror.

She came back a few seconds after with a pair of silver heels.  I sat on the bed and put them on.

"I guess I'm ready" I sighed.

"Oh, baby, you look so beautiful" she brought a hand to her mouth to keep from crying.

"Oh, mum" I walked to her and gave her a tight hug "I love you, so much"

"I love you too, I can't believe my baby is growing up"

"You know I will always be your baby" I softly said in her ear and she nodded.

"Let's go, I don't want you getting late to your own wedding"

She grabbed my hand and we walked out of the hotel room.

The way from our room to the lift was kinda uncomfortable. There were people gazing at me and smiling but not saying anything. Oh god, I hate to be in the spot.

It got kinda worst when we got to the lobby, there were a couple fans of Shawn who recognised me and took some videos from not a long distance, they were so sweet though, they wished me luck and congratulated me.

"Please don't post anything until later today, I don't want Shawn to see anything  yet" I shyly told them.

There was a car outside of the hotel and Shawn's driver was already waiting for my mother and I. He opened the rear door for us and nodded as a greeting.

"Mrs. Bennet and future Mrs. Mendes" I flushed at his greeting and smiled at him.

My mum and I got into the backseats and Patrick, Shawn's driver, started, well, driving.

I leaned my head against the window and looked at the beautiful streets of Portugal. Shawn and I wanted to get married in a special place apart from Canada, and he agreed Portugal was the perfect place to do it.

"Baby, hopefully we are going to spend the rest of our days together here, why don't we get married somewhere else? Somewhere outside this country that is meaningful to both of us?" He said.

"What about where we conceived our kids?" I said. He gave me a you-must-be-kidding look.

"We conceived them in my parents' cabin, which is in Canada" he said obvious.

"Well, I didn't have a childhood like yours. I mean, I don't have family in another country so only Canada is meaningful for me, not like Portugal for you" I said. We looked at each other with sparkles in our eyes.

"Portugal!" We yelled at the same time.

After a couple minutes, that felt not like hours but months, we were finally parking in Jardim Botânico de Ajuda, where we were going to get married.

Patrick opened the door for us and I gave him a big smile.

"Thank you, for everything" I wrapped my arms around him and after a couple seconds he did too.