Fourteen

Sweet creature

Had another talk about where it's going wrongBut we're still youngWe don't know where we're goingBut we know where we belong

========

"Thank you for the ride" I say as Shawn parks.

"It's nothing" he smiles at me "So are you coming tonight to the show?" He asks before I can go.

"Not actually, I'll only be working during the day, not at night" I start to get out of his car and so does he.

"Would you like to come?" He says and I open my eyes surprised.

"What?"

"Yeah, would you like to attend the show tonight?"

"Are you serious?" My jaw drops and my eyes suddenly have a bright sparkle.

"Yeah, I have an extra ticket. If you want it then it's yours" he says kindly.

"I think it'll be fun" I smile sincerely for the first time at him.

"I'll pick you up at 8.00 then" he smiles and his cheeks turn into a cherry red tone.

"Cool, thank you" I say the most tranquil way I can. I'm honestly really excited.

"So is it a date?" He asks shyly.

"Stop being so pushy. And no, it's not a date, we're just hanging out as friends, okay?" I give him a small smile.

"It's okay for me"

"Well, see you tonight. Thank you again for the ride" I say and wave at him.

"See you, babe" he emphasises 'babe' in an annoying tone just to make me mad.

"Shut up!" I yell and entered to the arena.

I head backstage and grab my VIP pass, so people know I work here.

I'm  in charge of, first, organising part of the sound check with Ed's team and then I'll be in the Meet and Greet, trying to control the hormones of the teenage girls that are about to meet their idol.

"Hey!" I say smiley as I enter to a room where the rest of my team is. My coworkers greet me with a warm smile.

"Kaylee?" I hear  someone calling me and I turn around. I'm left speechless when I notice it's Ed talking to me.

"Yeah, how do you know me?" I say confused and feeling like I was going to faint.

"You're Shawn's girlfriend, right? He's a good friend of mine and he never stops talking about you" my heart flutters. Oh shit.

"No, I'm not" I say and look down to my feet.

"Oh sorry, it's just that his eyes get bright and he sounds so in love when he talks about you, which he does most of the time—" he was going to continue talking, but I couldn't help to cut him.

"Oh no, it's okay. I mean, we used to date in high school and then he... it's complicated, I don't intend to bore you" I smile at him "It's really nice to meet you, by the way" I extend my hand and he grabs it.

"My pleasure" he says as we gently shake ands. I would've hugged him but the environment got uncomfortable at the moment he mentioned Shawn and I was way too nervous to think of what I was doing or saying.