Nineteen

"Lena can you answer the door, please?" I yell from my room. I'm getting ready cause I'll get my kids to spend the night at my parents while I'm with Shawn but they wanted to get there earlier.

"It's for you!" She yells back two minutes later.

I rush to finish getting dressed and go say hi to Shawn. I didn't know he was gonna get here so early.

I walk to the living room but he isn't there, only Lena with a box. I frown my brows as I walk closer to her.

"Someone delivered this for you," she extends her arms, giving me the box "open it"

I grab it and placed it on the coffee table that was in the middle of the living room. I feel nervous of what I could find inside, but I open it anyways.

My heart starts racing and my eyes widen, seeing the content of the box.

There are fifteen red roses perfectly arranged inside of the box and a note resting on top of one of them. I take it and read it mentally.

« Can't wait to see you tonight Xx
— Shawn »

A big smile is painted on my face as I read the note.

"Shawn sent them" I say looking at Lena and she starts going crazy.

"He is so cute! And so are the flowers" she says, having a little fangirl moment and I roll my eyes funny.

"Yeah, they are" I agree looking at my present and smiling.

"The flowers or Shawn?" Lena teases me and I punch her arm jokingly.

I walk to my kids room to see if they are done getting their stuff together.

"Both" I whisper to myself when I'm sure I'm far enough from Lena to hear me.

"Are we going now?" Dylan asks excited.

"Yeah, are you two ready?" I ask and they nod.

I carry their little suitcases and walk to the door.

After a fifteen minute ride, we arrive to my parents house.

"Hey grandma!" They both yell and rush to hug her.

"Hey mum" I say and hug her as well.

"Kay, I didn't know you were coming!" My dad says hugging me.

"I'm not staying dad, they wanted to see you and I have some stuff to do" I say pulling back from our hug.

"That's okay, they'll be fine here" he said with a smile "Guys, don't do that!" He says looking to the living room, my kids are probably messing around and he's now annoyed "I'll go get them, hope to see you soon, darling" he kisses my forehead and then walks inside to control my two little monsters and my mum and I stay in the porch.

"Some stuff to do, huh?" She looks at me funny and crosses her arms over her chest.

"What?" I frown my brows.

"Does that stuff have something to do with your smile?" She wiggles her eyebrows.

"No" I said "Maybe" I sigh.

"So tell me, what is it?" She teases.

"I'm going out for dinner with Shawn as in a formal date and he sent me flowers earlier" I smile and so does she "Don't say anything to my kids, please; they don't know we're going out. I don't wanna tell them just yet in case it doesn't work out" I shrug.

"He's really making an effort, right?" She sighs and I nod.

"I should get going, the fact that I still don't know what I'm wearing makes me nervous" I kiss her cheek and hand her the suitcases, then I walk back to my car.