Twenty one

Kaylee's PoV:

"Now who's acting nervous?" I laugh at Shawn when we were heading to my parents house to get Kailani and Dylan.

"I understand you now" he sighs.

"Oh, but there's nothing to be nervous about" I mock his voice and he looks bad at me, which makes me laugh harder.

"Shut up" He says, I place my arm around his neck and pull him closer to kiss his cheek.

We walk hand in hand to the porch and I knock on the door; a minute later, my mum opens it, smiling wide.

"Hey, Kaylee!" She says as she hugs me.

"Hey, ma. How are you?" I say in her ear and then we pull back.

"Hi, Ella" Shawn says kindly smiling at her.

"Shawn hi, how have you been, sweetie?" She hugs him, just as she did with me, or even tighter "I'm so glad you two are officially back together, come in, the twins are watching tv" we do what she says and she closes the door.

"Hey dad!" I say when I see my dad on his way from the kitchen to the living room.

"Hi baby" he kisses my cheek.

"Hey Jonah" Shawn says a little shy to my dad and I mentally laugh.

"Shawn, I wasn't expecting to see you here" he says, pulling Shawn into a tight hug "Wait, why are you here?"

"Dad!" I yell a little ashamed.

"Oh sorry, but I'm confused" he chuckles.

"We are back together" I slide my hand over Shawn's forearm and hold his hand, then place my free hand on his upper arm, pulling him closer to me. I smile shyly to my dad and I can feel my cheeks turning red.

"Seriously?" He asks surprised "I mean, congratulations!" He says happy but still confused.

"Thank you" I smile at him.

"If you hurt her again, I'll cut your-"

"Dad!" I cut my dad and Shawn blushes. Jumping straight into that confidence between them two again, huh?

"I won't ever hurt her again, from now on the only tears she'll drop will be from laughing" Shawn rush to say "All I want to do is make her the happiest I can" he holds my hand tighter while caressing it with his thumb and I smile.

"You better do, young man" my dad says playfully.

"Jonah, stop scaring him" my mum says, defending Shawn from my dad and she pushe him to another room in the house.

"You know he doesn't mean it, right?" I whisper so only shawn can hear me.

"I don't know, honey. The fact that he's one of the best and most powerful lawyers in Canada kinda intimidates me" he shrugs. I chuckle softly and kiss his cheek.

"He won't do anything, I promise"

We walk to the living room hand in hand and see the twins fully concentrated on a tv show.

"Daddy!" Dylan yells happily when he spots us and runs to hug him.

"Yeah hun, hi" I say sarcastically because he doesn't get as excited to see me as he does with Shawn.

"Hi mum" Kailani says with a big smile, she's my favourite twin at this moment.

"Did you guys have fun?" I ask them and kiss Kailani's cheek.

"Yeah, grandma taught us how to make cookies" Dylan squeals.

"And are there any for us?" Shawn asks this time.