Chapter 5

Kelly

Things are trying to get back to normal. It's been two weeks since Desire killed Charlene.

We all are back in California and Lovely knows her mother is gone. I actually like Lovely and her music. She is coming over for family dinner.

Carlos wanted to invite Lexi but I told him no. I still dont trust her and I want to kill the bitch. Shad has really been the only one checking on her and chilling with her.

"Bae you not done cooking yet?" Shad asked kissing my cheek.

"No. Where you been at all day?" I asked moving around the kitchen finishing my dinner.

He gave me that I'm not trying to argue look.

"I was chilling with Lexi. She is my sister and I am trying to get to know her." he said.

I started to say something crazy but I decided against it. I wanted us to have a great family dinner.

"Do you really trust her Shad? Do you think she is done plotting?" I asked him really wanting to know.

He didn't answer me he just walked out of the kitchen ,so I knew he didn't want to talk about it.

She just gave me an uneasy feeling. I don't trust her or her little story.

The doorbell rang so I knew that it was everyone else. I just want things to kind of get back to normal.

Shakeya, Carlos, and Desire walked in. Lovely was right behind them. I was glad that she decided to come.

"Desire where is Aubrey?" I asked her.

"He is home with the girl's cause he is leaving to go on tour. He wanted his daddy time." she said.

Aubrey was an amazing dad. You couldn't do anything but admire the way he changed for his daughter's.

"Where is my brother?" Desire asked as Shad was walking out.

"I knew I heard you out here. How you doing sis? You good?" he asked hugging Desire.

She just smiled. "I am brother. I sleep very well." she said.

I was a little worried about Des since she killed Charlene. She just been to calm.

I started bringing all the food out to the table.

"Kelly how has things been going with you and Shad?" Desire asked.

This was a touchy topic for me. We were good but we still had a lot we needed to talk about.

"I'm not pushing it with him honestly. I have just been taking it one day at a time. When he is ready to talk to me about everything he will. So I guess you can say right now we are in a good place." I said.

He is not a person that you can just pull things out of. He has to open up when he is ready.

Shad

We were all sitting at the table eating in silence and I felt Luke right now was the best time to talk with my sister and brother about me chilling with Lexi.

I know she did some foul shit but she is our sister too. I have learned so much about her and the things that she has been through.

I see why all she wanted was her real family.

"Desire and Carlos I know y'all don't really care for Lexi right now, but I have been chilling wit her. I been really getting to know her and I think y'all should give her a chance." I said plan and simple.