Chapter 25

Desire

Aubrey finally came from the back with Oliver and our lawyer Shawn.

"Desire they want to ask you a few question's?" Shawn said.

I was holding a sleeping Imani and Dasani ran up to her father as soon as she seen him.

"Take her so I can go in the back." I said handing Imani to OB who just walked the in with Shakeya.

I followed Shawn to the back to speak to the detectives.

"Hello Desire. I'm not sure if you know why we want to speak with you, but Jasmine Keller was murder." the one detective said.

"What?!" I said looking at the detectives.

I couldn't believe what they were saying. The only person that popped in my head was Lexi.

"Oh my God! Where is my sister Lexi? Is she alright?" I asked not realizing I had tears rolling down her face.

"Lexi is Jasmine's sister right?" the detective asked.

My mind was racing a million miles a minute.

"No! I mean yes! Lexi was adopted by Jasmine's mom, but I recently just met her and she is my biological sister. We have same mother and father."

The detectives look at each other and then stepped out of the room.

I was sincerely worried about Lexi. Did she know that Jasmine was dead? Who the hell killed her?

The detectives came back in and told me that I was free to go. They also told me that Lexi was at the morgue identifying the body.

I know she is going through it and I need to be there for her.

Shawn told us that no charges will be brought against us, but if anything came to mind to let the detectives know.

"I need to find Lexi." I said as soon as I got back to the lobby.

We were heading out when Shad, Kelly, Shakeya, and Carlos came in.

I just looked at Shad and he knew without us saying a word to each other.

She was our sister and right now she needed us. We headed straight to the morgue.