Chapter 22

Lexi

I was trying to adjust to everything that was happening but I was torn. Jasmine was my sister that grew up with. We always had each others back, but Desire was my biological sister that I needed to bond with.

I wanted to talk to Jasmine to iron out this situation cause I didn't want to feel like I had to choose.

"You reached me, but I'm busy. Leave a message." her answering machine said.

She must still be upset cause I have called about seven times to get no answer.

I was walking around Brooklyn trying to get my head together when I heard my name.

"Lexi!" I heard.

I was looking around to find where the voice was coming from.

I saw a guy crossing the street and the guy was Chase.

"What are you doing here?"

He just looked at me. He grabbed my face and kissed me.

"Can we go in here and talk?" he asked after he broke the kiss.

We went into this little Cuban restaurant and sat in a booth in the back.

"Why didn't you call me? Why did you keep the baby from?" he asked.

I thought we had this talk already but it wasn't deep enough for him.

"Chase honestly I explained this already. I was so hurt by the lies my aunt told me that all I wanted was revenge. Now I am just trying to make everything right." she said.

I still loved Lexi and I wanted to be with her.

"So you still fucking wit that nigga August?"

She shook her head no. "He is just letting me stay with him till I find a place." she said.

We were silent for a few minutes. Then she asked me again. "What are you doing in the city?"

"I have family in Brooklyn. I plan on heading back to Miami soon. Look I still love you Lexi. I can't picture my life without you."

I just put it all out there and prayed things would go my way.