Chapter 9: I Miss You Already

"Gentlemen, welcome to Afghanistan." The Lieutenant said.

"Jesus Christ." Trenton said as he and Keyeion got off the plane as well as the rest of the men.

"Man this shit dusty as hell." Keyeion said.

"You mean it's dry as fuck outchea. Who they want us to kill. Nobody's alive with all this dry shit." He said and Keyeion laughed.

"Man you wild."

Everyone got off the plane and walked through the dusty street with their luggage. The men stopped and started conversing with each other. Trenton dropped his bags and sat on it.

"When do you think we can make a call?"

"I dunno cause this bitch ass nigga saying 3 months. Missing wifey already?" He smirked.

"Yeah man." He wiped his hand down his face.

"She prolly sleeping by now. Afghanistan flight time is about 16 hours give or take and they 9 hours and 30 minutes head of us." he said

"Sh-"

"Men. Build your tent, pick a partner and stand down. You get up early tomorrow for scope. Good night." The kernel said.

Trenton and Keyeion build their fort and relaxed. Keyeion went through his bag and furrowed his brow in confusion.

"Ohhh man." He grinned. "I love that girl so much. It don't even make sense."

"What?" Trenton said with his arms folded behind him.

"My baby packed food." He whispered.

"Bruh you-" he got up and saw bottles of water and healthy snacks hidden in his clothes.

"Damn." he rubbed his hands together.

"I ain't sharing."

"I know you fucking lying. You sharing that bitch. I ain't a snitch but..."

"Gon head." He stared at Trenton and he didn't move. "That's what the fuck I thought... head ass." He said and handed Trenton a granola bar and a bottle of water.

"Thanks man."

"Mhm."

The next morning, they were awake by 7 am. The men started excersing and doing warm-ups. The Lieutenant walked by with a clipboard and Keyeion caught up to him.

"Good morning, sir." Keyeion saluted him and stayed in position.

He turned around and look at Keyeion. He gave him a quick salute and walk away.

"Carry on. What do you want?"

"Sir i was wondering when I am allowed to get a call." He followed behind the lieutenant.

"Next 3 months."

"Sir can't I get one now please."

"How important is it?"

"Heart attack important." Keyeion said and he laugh.

"Go to the main tent." He said and walked away.

"Yes sir." Keyeion smile.

*******

The house was quiet and the only thing that was heard was the sound of the air conditioning unit in use.

Jaimee had woken from her sleep and rushed the bathroom. She closed the door and vomited whatever she ate the night before.

Her phone vibrated under Krishna's pillow causing her to groan and searched for it. She saw a unfamiliar number and sat up with the sheets covering her lower half.