Chapter 43: Forgive, Not Forget

Next Day

Keyeion had gotten up and was preparing breakfast for his family, which was pancakes, scrambled eggs and cheese, bacon and chamomile tea with some fruits. Everything was still hot and was on different platters.

"Kids breakfasts ready." he said and they got up from the living room where they were watching tv and came to the table.

They told him what they wanted, which was everything and he made their plates.

Keyeion jogged upstairs to him and Jaimee's room then knocked on the door and heard nothing so he entered. She wasn't in the bed so he checked the bathroom and closet and she wasn't there either.

Going back downstairs he went into the kitchen.

"Jacion where's your mom?"

"She's not my wife, i didn't sleep with her. You did so you should know." he said while chewing on his eggs.

Keyeion pulled on his hair and he yelled out. "Boy where yo mother at? That's what i ask you."

"I'm sorry. That hurts " he whined and his siblings laughed at him.

"Where's ya mom?"

"She said we shouldn't bother her on Sundays in the morning so she's probably in the den playing games or watching a movie."

"So what y'all eat in the mornings?"

"I make peanut butter or jelly sandwiches for my brother and sisters." he said and Keyeion nodded.

"Make sure y'all eat up."

Keyeion made a plate for her and fixed some tea then made his way to the den. He found a way to open the door with the food in his hand and once he did, he went down the stairs.

As he made his way down, he saw Jaimee laying down in the couch with the surround system on high while playing Grand Theft Auto. He saw how comfortable and focused she was and didn't really want to bother her but he also didn't want the food to get cold.

He went down and walked over to her. She looked up at him then back at the game, pausing it couple seconds after.

"Thanks." she said once she sat up and took the plate and cup from him. He wanted to stay but was afraid she started cussing him out.

He left the den then went back upstairs, closing the door behind him. He went into the kitchen and made a plate for himself then sat at the table with the kids and eat.

When they were finish he wash the dishes and cleaned up the kitchen then went into the living room where the kids were playing and watching tv.

"Y'all have homework?" Keyeion ask.

"We finished it yesterday." Nasir answered and he nodded.

"What you wanna do today?"

"Can we go into the pool?"

"Will your mother be okay with that?" he ask.

"Maybe." Jacion shrugged.

Keyeion chuckled. "Go put on some swimsuits then." he said and they yelled while running upstairs. "Be careful!"

It was now noon and Jaimee felt like she had spent enough time alone in the den. She turned the game and tv off then picked up the plate and cup and went upstairs. It was very quiet inside and she had only hoped Keyeion hadn't taken the kids out of the house this early.

She went into the kitchen and washed out her stuff. Hearing screaming outside, she dried her hands and walked to the door, folding her arms.

Keyeion was in the pool with Reagan standing in his hands over his head while the other kids watched. He was saying something to her and she nodded before he threw her up in the air and she flipped twice before doing a cannonball and they cheered for her.