Chapter 18: You Da Baddest

"Kris." Jaimee mumbled with her eyes closed.

"Yeah?" she said.

It was now 11am and Krishna sat in the sofa that was in Jaimee's room, looking through some email that pertains to the shop. She was already dressed since she left some clothes over here some time ago.

"I don't feel good." she breathed out.

Krishna sat the computer to the side and picked up a bucket that was at the bed side so Jaimee could vomit in it. She wiped her mouth and gave her a bottle of water.

"How do you feel?" Krishna ask and sat beside her on the bed.

"Tired." she whispered.

"Get some rest and dont worry bout nothing okay? And Happy Birthday." Krishna said, playing in her hair. Jaimee nodded and closed her eyes.

Krishna went back to work and taking calls while monitoring Jaimee since she seem to be losing the cold she had earlier.

Jada was at the shop making appointments and assisting people with walk ins while watching over the shop in the meanwhile. Her and Shamere became good friends and the both of them were in charge per Jaimee's request.

Nobody knows Jaimee and Krishna weren't in except for the two amd they plan on keeping it that way because if by any means the rest of employees found out, they would do things they weren't suppose to.

"Jada i need a bottle of shampoo, the other one is finished." one of the employee, Olive, came to her at the front desk.

"Lemme see the bottle." she ask and walked away to get it. Jada ask because she didn't want any products wasted, knowing how much money her sister spent on them.

She came back with bottle and showed it to Jada.

"Shamere keep an eye out." she told her as she cleaned up for her next client and nodded.

Jada got up and went to the storeroom and pulled the keys from her pocket then open the door. Her and Olive entered and closed the door then looked for the labelled box.

"Found it." Olive said and took out a bottle then locked the box.

"Sign for it." Jada said and she did as told, writing her name, the product, time and signature in the book.

She left while Jada put the empty bottle in the box with other finished products so it could be accounted for at the end of he month. She walked out and locked the doors after turning the lights off and put the keys in her pocket.

Jada looked around seeing alot of people getting their hair, nails and makeup done while the employees conversed with them. People were patiently waiting in the waiting area and reading magazines and some were just listening to Broken Clocks by SZA that played softly throughout the shop.

"This is what you call boomin' business." she smiled and went back to the front to do her job. Shamere 5th customer for the day had arrived and she was now busy.

To Jada, Shamere, Donte and Bryan were the most hardworking in the shop and the only one's that receive the most customers.

Jada was booking the last appointment for a while since it was almost time to pick up Jacion. The new doorbell they had installed rang since someone walked it.

"Hey." she heard a familiar voice. She looked up from the book and smiled.

"Hi." she remove a strand of hair from her face.

"Whats good.?" Dice ask.

"I'm fine. You good?"

"Yeah man... You look beautiful." he smiled.