Chapter 14: NYE

They were now in ihop eating breakfast and Jaimee was texting Jada about working. She lost yet another job and was 'done sith life.'

"Mom, why do people lie?" he ask randomly.

"Uhm... Because they want to get out of a mess instead of getting caught?"

"Well i think thats dumb. You know?" he sipped his drink. "I mean, papa is a Lawyer, he said he only did it because of the money and Aunt lalissa said in being a lawyer, you tell a stupendous amount of lies." he said and sat his fork down since he was done.

"Jesus." Jaimee mumbled and sat back.

"You're gonna stop going by them cause you talking alot of big words and my mind can't process them at the moment."

"You know you could ask me to tone it down" he said.

"Alright. You're done. Let's get you to school old man." she said and left the money on the table.

"I'm not old. Grandpa is." he said and Jaimee laughed.

"I'm gonna tell him."

"It don't matter. Ain't like he could catch me when i run. He's too slow." he smiled and Jaimee laughed.

In ten minutes, Jaimee pulled up infront of his school.

"Here put this on." she said once they got out the car.

"Cool!!" he yelled. It was a birthday hat with batman and spiderman on it. All the kids were looking at him and tried talking to him but he ignored them causing Jaimee to laugh.

Jaimee held his hands and walked him inside school and to his class where some of his classmates were, along with his teacher.

"Ah! Good morning King Menefee. And happy birthday." she bowed.

"Thank you miss Sullivan. You may sit now." he smiled and she did as told while he took a seat at his regular spot and spoke to his classmates who handed him gifts.

"Good morning Miss Sullivan." Jaimee smiles and walk over to her desk.

"Good morning Mrs. Menefee. I suppose you had a wonderful start." she smiled.

"I did. What was that about?"

"Oh that." she laughed. "So Monday, i told the class that i would act like their servant if they spell five word on thursday and got them right, which was yesterday, and apparently, Jacion and Kamiila took up the challenge and won." she smiled.

"That explains it." she mumbled and nodded.

"So how are you and addition number 2 doing?"

"We're doing good actually.".

"Thats great to hear." she gave her a genuine smile. "Oh." she got up and stood at the door. "Good morning princess Kamiila." she bowed.

"Good morning teacher." she giggled and went to her seat.

"Looks like Jacion's getting the love." she fold her arms and stood next to Jaimee who held a smile.

"Looks like it."

They watched as Kamiila pulled out a neatly wrapped gift and tapped Jacion's shoulder. He looked at her with a mug on his face and took the gift. Thet exchanged words and she stormed off looking angry.

"Mom can you take these home for me please." he handed her the gifts he got.

"Sure. I'll see you later."

"Okay." he said and ran off.

"Bye sweet heart." Miss Sullivan gave her a side hug and went to her car.