| C h a p t e r - 19 |

|THE FIRST DAY|
|SONG: WEEKEND - DIE FOR YOU|

"I'm findin' ways to articulate
The feeling I'm goin' through
I just can't say I don't love you" Ada sang as she ran on the treadmill, Elijah men watching her closely

All the girls were assigned one of Elijah men as their guards. They were there to 'protect and be at their aid' as Elijah put it. Unlike the other girls, Ada didn't get not one, not two, not three, but six diffrent men.

"Boss said that you need to come upstairs... Now." Henry, one of Elijah men said.

"Tell your boss that he does not rule me, and that I'll be up whenever I feel like it." Ada said still running.

Henry left silently, and four minutes later returned with Elijah at his side. "Henry, you and the men can go for the night, I got this." He said abruptly stopping the treadmill.

Henry swiftly, but quickly turned on his heel and exited the gym. His mother taught him not to listen or interfere with people's relations, but he did think Mr. LaRosa was being a little overbearing. No, he would never say that to his face. And no, he wouldn't tell anybody, but that's what he thought.

"What's wrong with you? I could've bust my ass! Ada yelled getting off the treadmill.

"Maybe the fall would have  tighten some loose screws in your head." Elijah snarled. His lips in a straight line.

"I see there's some-things you haven't changed." Ada snarled back making Elijah eyes soften.

"Ada I'm-" Elijah started but Ada shushed him.

"Save it. I'm going up stairs." She said before walking away.

Elijah knew exactly what Ada was talking about. Whenever he would get too caught up in work, he became stressed; and once he became stressed he would throw all his pent up anger at whoever was the first to piss him off. It was a regular thing he would do, and Ada knew he didn't mean it but still, she wanted him to feel bad.

Walking into the suite, Ada grabbed a cool bottle of water before taking a large gulp. The music was still blasting in her ear, making her bob her head to the beat, humming to the catchy tune. She was aimlessly looking around the suite when a paper on the center piece paper caught her eyes.

Dear Ada,

       We're out at the club. We saw that you were busy and decided just to leave you alone. If you want, you could just get ready and inform Elijah so the driver could come pick you up.

  Sincerely,
Corbin

"Hope you guys have fun." Ada said before crumbling up the paper.

Ada wasn't going to take the peace and quiet for granted. She was going to find a show and eat but before she could do so, she needed to take a shower first.

•••

"Alright, I got pizza, chips, Twix, and fruit punch." Ada said checking everything off her list.

Her favorite movie― Aquamarine started playing, and she was ready to enjoy her free time.

Ada was twenty minutes into the movie when her conscious started to kill her. She felt bad that he was in his office working while she was enjoying herself; but at the same time she didn't care.