| C h a p t e r - 2 4 |

| EXHAUSTING |
| SONG : TINASHE - NO DRAMA |

| EXHAUSTING || SONG : TINASHE - NO DRAMA |

F L A S H B A C K

"We tried everything sir but... she passed away." The doctor said sympathetically.

"Nooo!" Ashley cried out as she fell to the floor.

"Why Ada? Why couldn't be me?" Kali asked as the tears poured down her face.

"Im sorry sir but she can't be dead." Elijah said in disbelief.

"She was shot near the heart, her leg, and arm, sir. The shot near her heart didn't kill but the one she took to her arm and leg did. We tried our best sir but she bled out." The doctor said trying to explain to Elijah, but he still couldn't wrap his head around all of this.

Ada was dead, she was gone. Just hours ago she was laughing and smiling, and now she was dead.

Taking a seat, Elijah stared of into space as the tears escaped his eyes.

And while all of Ada close friends mourned her death, people she barely knew looked over her "dead" body.

••

"Did anybody see you insert the serum during the surgery?" The man asked as he looked over Ada lifeless body.

"No sir." Kyle said sharply.

"Good. Justin should be here any minute to transfer the bodies so be on the look out– Someone's coming!"

Both Kyle and His boss quickly ducked into the supply closet.

They couldn't be seen... Not yet at least.

P R E S E N T D A Y
K Y L E  P.O.V

'What the hell is wrong with me?' I thought to myself.

'Was I really about to kiss her?' I questioned.

None of that was supposed to happen. I was just supposed to tell her I'm sorry, but my feelings over-ruled me.

I hated how she gave me the cold shoulder and acted like everything was okay when we both knew it was far from it. It made me so... angry.

"Yo Kyle!" I heard Josh yell from behind.

"What?" I asked as I took out all the equipment.

"Ada's done with breakfast, come eat." He said.

"I'm not hungry." I said flatly.

"Okay." He said before I heard his footsteps retreating.

I was hungry but I'll wait till everyone, and I mean everyone leaves the dining hall to leave.

Everyone are trained assassins taught to detect when someone's lying or when something is wrong, so I don't think it would be great to have both me and Ada in the same room with all that is happening. The best thing to do is to keep our distance from one another till everything blows over.

•••

"Left hook." Kyle instructed Ada.

Besides Kyle occasional snarky comments, practice have been going smoothly. Neither of the two parties has brung up this morning events making things a little less awkward.

"You have a mission coming up." Ada said.

"I do." Kyle replied.

"Do you think you'll heal in time to do it?" Ada asked, her focus on the punching bag.

"Yeah." Kyle said shortly.

"Good. Stay safe and keep your head in the game." Ada said.

"It's kind of hard to do so." Kyle said under his breath.

"Excuse me?" Ada said as she stopped the punching bag from swinging. "What does that me?"

"It's just hard to focus at the moment." Kyle said.

"Oh okay, I thought you were trying to throw shade." Ada joked before she went back to swinging at the punching bag.

"Yeah whatever." Kyle said.

"Ok I can't take this anymore , is there a problem Kyle?" Ada said taking of her bandages.

"No, nothing at all. I thought we established that?" Kyle said acting stupid.

"We did but you over here giving me attitude and throwing subliminal shade like you have a problem." Ada said annoyed.

"Maybe its all in your head." Kyle said as he packed up all the supplies.

"Is this about what happened this morning?" Ada said getting mad as the minutes progressed. "Because is it is, don't get mad at me for something you started and didn't finish." Ada said throwing shade.

"I wouldn't start anything with a child." Kyle snarled.

"Oh really? Because I could've sworn you were the one who grabbed me and tried to kiss me." Ada said cockily.

"It was just a tactic to make you forgive me." Kyle said chuckling.

"Usually when you want someone to forgive you, you want peace, so why are you stirring up all these problems if you wanted me to forgive you so bad that you 'acted' to almost kiss me?" Ada said stepping closer, a smirk dancing on her lips.

Kyle tried to find the right words, but was stuck with nothing . He didn't know what he could say back to her.

"Cat got your tongue Mr. Mcgregor?" Ada said cockily before she let out a chuckle.

Leaning up to his ears, Ada whispered something that made Mr. Mcgregor rise to attention. "Like I said before, don't start something you can't finish—especially with a chocolate women like me." Ada said kissing his ears before she walked away.

Their go you guys update 😊 Hope you guys enjoyed.