|C h a p t e r - 21|

| GUNS DRAWN|
|SONG: ROBOT KOTCH - NITESKY|

The black, scorpion encrusted gun stared me down, me doing the same

The black, scorpion encrusted gun stared me down, me doing the same. I'm going to die. This, and the person behind the gun would be the last thing I'll see before my body is 6ft under. This is it for me... I'm dead.

"I-I trusted you, we all trusted you! H-how could you do something like this?"

"No hard feelings, but it had to be done. You're the closest thing to him."

Everything after that happened in slow motion. From her finger pulling of the safety, to clocking the gun— it all happened excruciatingly slow. "Please, please don't do this. You're like my sister!" I yelled, the tears rushing down my face.

"I know, and this is why it's so hard to do what's next." She said.

Her hand tremble as she moved her finger to the trigger.

Bang Bang

"Ada!"

Was the last two things I heard before my ears started ringing. My legs gave out as I collapsed onto the floor, the pain piercing my body.

The muffled sound of sirens ranged off in the distance, as I watched her run down the alley leaving me to die. "Hold on Ada, hold on help is coming." I heard someone say.

"E-Elijah?" I asked.

"Yes baby, it's me." He said the tears cascading down his face.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry. It's all my fault." He cried.

"N-no it's not. P-promise me something." I said, it was getting harder and harder to breathe.

"Anything." He said brushing the hair out my face.

"Promise me t-that you'll love again if I die. Promise you won't blame yourself. Promise to have fun and not work too much. Promise Elijah." I cried.

"I promise. I love you Ada."

"I love you too." I said said before my eyelids fell close.

"No! Wake up! Ada, wake up!" Elijah cried out but I was too tired. I couldn't fight it anymore, I needed to rest.

And as I took my last breath, I couldn't help but to think...

How did I get here?

•••

3 hours ago

"Rise and shine girl, we're going out to party!" I heard Ashley scream.

"Party? Ada not going to no damn party." I said going back under the cover but she only threw them off of me.

"You never do anything! We've been in Dubai for a week and you haven't gone out once. You need to live a little!" Kali said pulling me up from my comfortable spot.

"Sabrina?" I said looking over so she could help but she only shook her head.

"They're right, you need to get up." She said.

"Whatever, give me an hour and I'll be ready." I said getting out the bed.

"Yes! Let's get ready to par-tay!" Kali yelled before they all left out my room.

An hour later...

I have a bad feeling about tonight. Something is going to go down... something bad. I was in my own world until I felt someone shove me.

"Less daydreaming and more partying!" Sabrina yelled over the music with a big smile on her but it fell once she saw my face.

"What's wrong?" Sabrina asked.

"I have a bad feeling about tonight. I don't know what it is but that feeling is just there." I said.

"Nothing is going to happen Ada; besides, you have me–I'll protect you." She said throwing her arm over my shoulder.

"Now, get up and dance!" She shouted as she moved around to the beat of the music.

The feeling wasn't gone but I decided to put it to the back of my mind.

I vibe and grind to the beat of the music with Sabrina until I heard gunshots sound off in the club. Everything happened so quick.

Men and women rushed toward the exit, screaming and panicking, and I didn't realize I was one of those people until I felt the cool air hit my face and my chest started to burn.

When did I start running? I thought to myself, and then I looked down and saw Sabrina hand laced with mines.

"What the hell happened back there?" I said once we were in the ally.

"I-I don't know." Sabrina said out of breath, her hold on her clutch tight as ever.

"I think it's cool to back now. They must be looking for us." I said turning around but stopped once I heard Sabrina voice.

"Stop!" She yelled.

I quickly turned around to tell her to stop playing but stopped once I saw what was in her hand. "Why do you have a gun Brina?" I asked trying to get closer, but she only yelled at me.

"Don't move unless I blow your brains out!" She yelled making me stop.

Tears began to run down my face as I hold my hands up in surrender. "Why do you have a gun Sabrina?!" I yelled.

"To kill you." She said, her voice cracking.

"Why?" I asked, my voice barely above an whisper.

"Wouldn't you like to know?"

"Yes, I would like to know why a gun is being pointed at me!" I yelled.

"I was order to do so Ada!"

"By who?" I asked.

"Since your going to die... I might as well tell you. By Timothy Walsh, my husband." She said.

Husband? Timothy Walsh? She's apart of the Irish mob.

"But you and Corbin–" I started But she cut me off.

"Corbin was a cover up. Think." She said.

"But why? We're supposed to be family!" I yelled.

"We are, but sometimes family kill family." She said.

Sabrina Lucksworth— or should we say Sabrina Walsh set me up...

There goes you guys update. Y'all better vote, comment, share cuz– ion got a reason but still!