Seven

I hurried to Ari's house quickly after she texted me. I put on some basketball shorts and a sweatshirt, I really didn't care what I wore to her house. I didn't know what I was expecting while staying at her house. She's probably gonna break up with you. You really thought that a guy like you can pull a girl like Ariana Grande? My insecurities wouldn't stop building up. This is why I needed a girl like Ariana in my life, to help me feel secure.

   I pulled up to the pavement right across the street from her house and got out. I walked up to the door and couldn't help but notice the detail on her front porch. There was nice 'welcome' mat laying on the floor and on each side beautiful plants to complement the front door. I didn't notice it the first time considering the first time I came here, my face and her's were locked together. Before I could ring the doorbell, I saw a shadow through the windows and the doorknob turned. "Hey Y/n," I heard her say. I was confused on why she wasn't calling me 'baby' or 'hun' or anything like that. Just 'Y/n'. I just brushed it off and I'm hoping she will call me something like that overtime.

"Hey b-beautiful," I complimented. My confidence with her has been growing lately. She laughed and kissed my cheek.

"Come inside," I was really hoping that I wouldn't have to meet her parents. Like what was I going to tell them if they were here? "Hey I'm Y/n and I'm the one who fucked your daughter?" I felt scared.

   I followed her inside and her house had one of those smells. There were no signs of any of her parents and I spoke up.

"Are y-your parents home?" I asked.

"Nooo," she said. I let a breath of relief escape my mouth and I was hoping that she wasn't thinking that I hoped they weren't home because I wanted to fuck.

   I trailed behind her and entered her room. The room was nice, again, I didn't notice the detail last time because of our session. Her room had a lavender scent and coincidentally, that was my favorite. She had nice white walls and a queen size bed. She had multiple papers laying around her room all messed up and I looked to the side and noticed a piano. "What is this for?" I spoke up.

"Actually, that's kinda why I asked you to come over Y/n," I was confused.

"Uhh you know that I don't play the piano right?" I chuckled.

"Yes I kinda expected that, but actually I needed your help to write some music with me," she asked.

"Like w-words, for songs? Lyrics?," I was surprised.

"Yeah dummy, I want your help to write some songs with me"

"Why?" Why would Ariana want to write music?

"I've always been into music in general. I love listening to it and the artists had such great personalities and I wanted to be like that you know? Like I can become the Mariah Carey of our generation," she was into it now.

"So like, after high school, or during, you want to become a musician?"

"Exactly," I felt happy for her. She had motivations, goals, and willing to do the work to get them done.

"I don't know Ari, I don't know anything about music so I might just weigh you down"

"Please," she put out her bottom lip and shined her eyes at me. I was such a sucker for her.

"Ok fine, but I will warn you, I'm not very good at this so you can't get at me for being unproductive"

"Yay! Thank you so much Y/n," she gave me quick kiss on the lips then on my cheek and pulled me in for a hug.

   We sat down on the floor and got straight to it. She opened up her notebook and I caught a quick brief of the words she wrote in her book. She flipped to one specific page and turned the book towards me. "This is all I have so far," she pointed at the book. I read the lyrics in my head and tried to install a beat. "It's good, but what kind of song are you aiming for here? What's the title?" I asked.

"First, I'm thinking the song should be called 'Piano'. And I'm aiming for like a happy song you know? One you can just listen to on the radio and start dancing or whatever. With a piano beat playing in the background"

"Aw that's cute," she playfully punched my arm. "Ow, I'm sorry, I'll get serious now,"

  We spent minutes brainstorming and I asked her some questions to help me come up with something. "Can you actually play the piano?" she nodded her head. "Then how about 'It's not hard', but say it like multiple times so it can go with the beat," she thought about it and stood up. She walked towards the piano in the corner of her room and played some notes. "Oh about this!" she asked as her voice lit up. She played a few notes and repeated it multiple times to get the beat stuck in my head. I picked up her notebook and asked her to play the beat again, "Yeah I think that works pretty well. You have to say 'it's not hard' 4 times like this," I sung out the lyrics for her to repeat and she nodded.

"I could write a song with my new piano. I could sing about how love is a losing battle. It's not hard, it's not hard, it's not hard, it's not hard," her voice was angelic. "So how was that?" she asked. I was stunned and had to snap out back into reality. Ariana could really sing.

"That was amazing," I finally said.

'You're just saying that Y/n," she covered up her face with her sleeve. God she was so adorable.

"No, I'm being serious, that was really good"

"Thanks, so you think that's how the song is gonna go?"

"Definitely"

   We were writing and brainstorming for a couple hours and almost got done with the first verse. To be honest, I was willing to help Ariana with whatever she needed to boost her chances of becoming a successful artist. But as of right now, I just wanted a kiss from Ariana and go home for the night. "Can we be done?" I whined.

"Just a few more lines Y/n," she pleaded.

"But I'm tired. We did like 3 lines today. C'mon we'll pick up where we left off soon," I was praying to god that she didn't do puppy eyes and pouty lips.

"Ok fine, I've kept you here for hours and I can only imagine you wanna go home. I'm sorry"

"Don't be, I had fun doing this and there's nothing in the world that I wouldn't do but help my girlfriend achieve her dreams"

"Aw that was cute," she leaned in and closed her eyes and I let it happen. We were kissing then it soon turned into a make out session. I licked her lips while we were kissing and she opened up her mouth for her tongue to have some action. I pushed her down on the floor and she flipped me over so she was on top. She straddled my waist and I grabbed onto her hips while our mouths were still connected. We finally disconnected and we stared into each other's eyes silently. She laughed, "You should go home now,"

"I don't know if I want to anymore," I joked.

"Seriously Y/n, my parents will be home soon and they can't find out about us yet,"

"Ugh ok," I got up and walked towards the door. She grabbed my hand walked with me to my car. "Goodnight," I said as I opened the door to my car.

"Goodnight babe," she finally said it and I was relieved. My eyes glowed up and she noticed it. "What?" she asked.

"Oh it's just t-that you c-called me b-babe," I was nervous. I sounded like such an idiot.

"Can I call you that?" she said as the got close to me.

"Absolutely"

"Well then be safe babe and I'll see you soon"

"You too babe," I felt comfortable saying the b-word. I drove off into the night happy.