Nineteen

I was super excited to see Ariana perform. It was almost 6 and I still had to go pick up Camila like I had promised. Heck, I wan't even ready. I opened up my closet and picked out some things to wear. I decided to dress formal, but casual still. I put on a light grey half-button-on shirt with some nice black pants. It had a stacked design and zippers on the inside ankles of each pant leg. I slid on some red slip on Vans because it was red and I did my hair. I decided I was ready and texted Camila.

Me: You ready?

Camila: Yeah. I'm just brushing my hair. I can't wait to see her hair tonight.

Me: Ok, I'll be there no longer than 10 minutes.

Camila: Ok. Just text me when you're here.

Me: See you soon Camila.

Camila: You did it again.

Me: What?

Camila: You said my name again.

Me: I told you, my brain loves that name.

Camila: Lmao, see you soon Y/n.

I left my house and locked all the doors. I quickly pulled up the directions from earlier since I forgot how to get to Camila's house. I took the familiar route and ended up at the same house I was at a couple of hours ago. I texted her to come outside and she took a little longer this time. I just brushed it off and there she appeared. Beautiful. She wore a red dress from Lulus that really showed off her legs. (Look up Lulu's red dress and you'll see what I'm talking about). I the dress bloused at the bottom exposing her legs a little bit more. She wore little jewelry on her wrists and fingers and red heels. And her hair. My jaw dropped. Her hair was wavy and it looked so simple, but it looked so fucking beautiful. She opened the car door and sat right next to me. I totally forgot I was staring and she caught me, "Hey Y/n! Let's go!" I snapped out of it hoping that she wasn't thinking I was fantasizing with her.

"Oh yeah sorry. Just give me a second I have to pull up the address of the theater," she nodded. It was a 25 minute drive. I wasn't expecting it to be so far, but then again, I live no where near downtown. We drove off and I tried to make conversation between us during the car ride. "You know we're going to watch a play, not to prom right?" I was still stunned by her dress. I had to double take at her and the road every once in a while.

"You do know that important people are showing up? Like this is a huge play in this city. Why do you think they're showing it downtown?"

"Really? So then how come the tickets were so cheap?" I was confused.

"Because students get a discount"

"Ohh, so you're telling me that my girlfriend is the lead of one of the hugest plays if the school year?"

"Basically"

"Ok then. Do you think I underdressed?"

"You look fine, you don't need a tuxedo," she laughed.

"You don't need that dress, and you look mighty fine in it"

"Stop Y/n," she started blushing. She actually looked sexy in it, but I elected not to tell her because that might lead into something else. My phone went off and Camila picked it up. "It's your baby," she flipped the screen towards me and I saw her message.

Ari❤️: Hey babe. This is the last time I can text until after the show, I'll be looking for you and if we do lock eyes, wave at me. xoxo.