Twenty Nine

I turned the corner of the street that I lived on and I saw a black car already parked on the curb. Almost like they've been here for a while. I slowly pulled up into the driveway and I noticed the person in the driver's seat. I got out of my car and locked it and walked to the side of the black car. "You drive now?" I asked.

"Yeah, got my license last week," Ariana said while stepping out of her vehicle.

"Now going on dates will be less fun"

"We can still ride in the same car. You can drive if you'd like to," a subtle smile left my face and she giggled. I turned around and I avoided grabbing her hand until after we talked to see how it would turn out. She followed behind me into the inside of my house. "I remember this place," she said.

"You've barely been in here"

"I know, but I still remember the scent of it"

"Whatever Ariana," I said chuckling. I sat my stuff down on the floor and walked over to the couches in my living room. Ever since Camila, I've gotten used to spending time on couches. I motioned her to come sit down on the other couch but instead, she sat right next to me on the same couch. She laid down and rested her back on the armrest, and her legs on my lap. It felt a bit unusual to see how comfortable she was getting. "Ariana, can you get serious?" I said.

"Sorry," she got up and adjusted herself to a more respectable position.

"Ready?"

"No going back"

"Why did you leave me in the first place?" I immediately asked.

"You know"

"I wanna hear you say it"

"Because I thought that I could go somewhere with Camila," her voice got more serious.

"So why aren't you at her house right now?"

"Because I like you," that caught me in a surprise. "Plus she kind of cut ties with me so,"

"Are you for real this time?"

"100%" she assured me.

"How will I know that you won't hurt me again?" I was dying to know this answer.

"Because," she lay one of her hands on my leg. "You're giving me a second chance, you trust me," I grew silent knowing she was right. I looked down at her hand realizing that she's passing this test so far.

"One more question," she fixed her hair and looked deep into me. "Do you still love me?"

"Good question," she said. "Yes"

"Show me," I demanded. She closed her eyes and kissed me. Similar to Camila's and I's first kiss. Different situations, but just as good. She finally pulled away and a trail of saliva escaped our lips.

She let out a little giggle, "Believe me?"

"Definitely"

"I love you Y/n," she said to reassure me and I saw the look in her eyes she looked at me with when we first exchanged our 'I love you's.

"I love you to Ari," we were finally back together. I was just happy that I got my girlfriend back the day after I broke up with my last one. It amazes me how much can happen within a week. "Wanna watch some Netflix? Just like old times," I could use the nostalgia.

"Uhh, later tonight. It's Friday. I have to go home and ask my mom and do things around the house first"

"Ok, I understand. Text me whenever you're coming," she laughed a little.