Nine

It's the next day of school and I still planned to keep the whole arcade date thing a secret from Ariana. I didn't want her to know because what if she didn't like it? Then she would spend the rest of her week not looking forward to our date. And I didn't want to feel like changing the plans either. I just want it to be a surprise and plus Camila said that she loves arcades so I'll take my chances. To be honest, I'm fine spending the night at her house writing music for her. I knew her voice was way too good for her not to be a singer. During class, Barry texted me:

Barry: Hey man, I found an arcade

Me: Alright cool, what's the name of it?

Barry: It's called 'Fun Spot'. It's like a 20 minute drive from your house.

Me: Is there anything special about this arcade?

Barry: This is the biggest one in town. It has the biggest selection of prizes, variety of games, and people go there for dates all the time.

Me: Alright then, could you send me the address?

Barry: Yeah for sure.

Me: Thanks man, knew I could count on you.

Barry: Anything for my man's first date.

   I was super pumped for this weekend. I 100% trusted Camila and Barry to setup our date since I have no clue how to do this. I still didn't know how I was gonna tell Ariana. Maybe I'll just keep it a secret until we get there.

   Fourth period came around and Ariana was already in her seat by mine. I pulled out a chair next to her and sat.

"Hey babe," I spoke up.

"Hi honey," she gave me a kiss on the cheek and held my hand. I still can't believe I can come into this class everyday and get treated like this by Ariana. "Sooo, did you find something to do this weekend?" she asked.

"Nuh-uh," I shook my head.

"Do you actually not and you're not telling me?"

I didn't speak.

"I knew it," she smiled. "So it's a surprise huh?" Damn she's smart.

"Yes it will be"

"You know what, don't tell me until the night of," she insisted.

"Ok sure hun, you said it yourself, so you can't get mad at me for not telling you," she made my job a million times easier.

We got through class and Ariana and I planned to spend the lunch together.

"Can I have a hint?" she pleaded.

"I thought you said you didn't wanna know till the day of"

"I know, but I'm just super curious now," she emphasized the word 'super'.

"Nope"

"Pleeease," she finally stuck out her bottom lip and shined her eyes at me.

"Baby, I know you know that always gets me, but no. Not this time," I stood my ground.

"Dang it"

"I promise you'll like it though. That's your only hint"

"I can't wait babe," she pecked my lips and made small talk until the end of lunch. We split up for the rest of the school day to see each other another day.

Ariana's POV

  On the way home, I was thinking where Y/n would be taking me. An arcade? No. No one ever goes to an arcade as a first date. Movie? Maybe, that's super cliche and Y/n has never been on a date before so maybe. I was prepared for whatever curveball he threw at me as long as it isn't just sex. Don't get me wrong, I LOVED sex with Y/n, but we're just a pair of high schoolers that wanna go out. I wouldn't mind it if we had sex after our date, but I just hope he throws in a twist for our date.