Fifteen

Your POV / Next Day

I was in my room studying and I felt my phone go off. It was Ariana.

Ari❤️: Babyyyyy.

Me: That's a lot of Y's.

Ari❤️: Come over.

Me: For what?

Ari❤️: We could either write more of 'Piano' or you can help me practice the play in a few weeks.

Me: I want to do something else ;)

Ari❤️: I want to too. But we can't today, my mom is home and I really need to get one of these two done.

Me: Ok. I'll be there in a few.

Ari❤️: See you soon xoxo.

That was the first time Ari had ever used 'xoxo' in text. Come to think of it, that's the first time I've ever received an 'xoxo' text. No complaints coming from me. I got dressed and walked to the front door. "Mom I'm going to Ariana's I'll be home later!" I yelled out.

"Better come home by today!" she yelled back. This time I planned myself to be home before 7pm to try and satisfy my mom so that she would trust me to go out more. I got in the car and drove off, coincidentally I was listening to "Like I'm Gonna Lose You" by Meghan Trainor so that just quickly reminded me of Ariana.

I parked around the corner from her house, but I could still see her front door. I texted her to come outside and it took her no longer than a minute to come outside in her pajamas. She motioned me to come inside while I was still sitting inside my car and I quickly got out. I walked to her front door and she was waiting there to welcome me. "Hey baby," I said to her as I walked inside the house.

"Hi honey," she responded and kissed me on the lips. She closed the door and grabbed my hand and pulled me into her room. She sat down on the floor immediately and I just stood in front of her. "So, which one you wanna do?" she asked.

"One of what?"

"Ugh, do you wanna write more of 'Piano' or help me with my play?"

"Uhh, write music," I had so much fun last time and I didn't feel like acting or anything of the sort.

"Ok then"

"Hey by the way, what's the name of the play you're leading in?"

"13"

"What's it about?"

"A 13 year old moves into a new city and runs into conflicts and basically just needs to get used to her new life"

"And you're the 13 year old in the play?"

"Yup"

"Why did you sign up for that?" I was really curious.

"Because it's a musical and I really want to get myself out there as a singer"

"Smart. Can you act?" She nodded her head. "Ok, so where did we leave off at in 'Piano' last week?" She fumbled her notebook then flipped to a page.

"Right at 'In the end, you'll find out that my heart was battered. Real hard, it's so hard, real hard, it's that hard,'" her voice was amazing even though she wasn't using her real singing voice.

"Oh yeah. Ok, let's brainstorm," we sat for a couple minutes thinking what the next couple lines should be. I asked her a few questions about her and this song in general to help me think of something but no dice. But then I remembered something Ariana had said to me when she first explained the song to me, "Hey, didn't you say you wanted this song to be like one that can be played on the radio and make people wanna dance?" she nodded her head saying yes. I sat there thinking to string up some words. "Try this," I picked up her notebook and a pencil and wrote down, 'But I'd rather make a song they can play on the radio that makes you wanna dance, don't it make you wanna dance'. "Here," I gave her the notebook.