Twenty Eight

Your POV

I just walked into my room wanting to cry. I didn't want anything to do with Camila right now. I just wanted that one person to cheer me up. I want Ariana back. I know that she likes Camila, but I know that she still has some love for me. I'm not going to chase after her though, last thing I want is to date someone who doesn't like you back.

I sat on my bed crying into my pillow. Nothing right now could get me out of bed or out of my room. I spent the rest of the night alone, crying.

--

School today I'm expecting to be super awkward and lonely. For me at least. I bumped into Barry on the way to second period. "It smells like up dog in here," he told me.

"What's up dog?" I asked confused.

"Nothin'," he started chuckling then I formed a soft smile knowing what trick he just played on me.

"Not too good," I went back into a sadder mood.

"What happened? Did you break up with Ariana?"

"Actually, long story short, she broke up with me and I started dating Camila. You know, her best friend, then she cheated on me with someone else. So now I'm single"

"Wow man that's a lot to take in, do you know who she cheated on you with?"

"No, and I don't wanna know"

"Damn. There's a lot of girls at this school, you'll find someone," I heard his encouraging voice.

"Thanks man," we shook hands we were both off to our separate second periods.

I walked into my second period with my hood on and earphones in. I was playing music loud enough to distract me, but low enough to hear anything around me. I kept my head laying low so I wouldn't run the risk of locking eyes with Camila. I sat in my seat and thankfully, Camila wasn't there. To my side, I noticed Camila sitting at her usual seat with her cute glasses on. She looked so pretty and I just wanted to run up to her and hug her.

Camila turned around and I immediately looked away. I stuck my face into my work and prayed she was looking back at me thinking the same thing. "Ok class, for the rest of the period, you guys can work on your project due next week," God dammit. Well, now I'm gonna have to confront Camila after our incident.

My head was still facing down when I noticed the chair to my right slide back. The tiny Cuban plopped down onto the chair and I didn't feel like talking first. "Hi," her soft voice said. I just ignored her, remembering what she had done to me. "Y/n, we have to work on this project together whether you like it or not"

"Ok, but we're nothing more than just classmates"

"Good enough," we awkwardly worked on our project together and I kept quiet as possible. I tried my best to avoid any topics that may bring up our past relationship. The class ended and I left the room fast. I was one of the first people out and I traveled by myself. I heard fast footsteps approaching from behind. "Please talk to me," she said.

"What is there to talk about?" I muttered.

"Everything. I'm sorry. I didn't know what I was thinking, but I 100% regret it"

"I don't care. You never loved me Camila, I thought I was starting to fall for you"

"I want to love you," she held my hand.

"No you don't," I pulled away from her grasp and continued with the rest of my day. I honestly don't know if anything that Camila said was accurate, but I'm not taking any chances.

Now it's time for the second most awkward class of the day. Fourth period. I didn't want this period to be as awkward as second because I want Ariana now that Camila broke my heart. I know that Ariana left me because she liked Camila, but if they're not dating, I can pick her up. I'm willing to pick up where we left off if she's willing.

I sat down in my usual seat and Ariana wasn't in my sight. I blankly sat on my phone waiting for class to start. The bell rang to start class and Ariana still hasn't came in. Of course she isn't here. The door opened. It was her, "Sorry I'm late," she looked just as beautiful as any other day. Her hair was in bangs with a ponytail. She wore a loose-fitted shirt and tight yoga pants. Simple, but she's one of two girls at this school that can rock any given outfit. You can guess who the other one is.

"That's alright, just take a seat and get out your work," the teacher told Ariana. She slowly walked through the classroom as I watched and she stopped at the end of my row. I turned away from her and like Camila, she dropped right into the seat next to me. She didn't say a word, she just acted like nothing happened between the two of us. She smelled just as pretty and I could feel the rush I get every time I'm near her. I waited till the class got some independent time to speak up first.

"Uh, H-hi," I stuttered.

"Hi," she smiled back at me.

"Why are you sitting next to me? Not that I don't like it, it's just that-," I kept rambling on until she interrupted me.

"Why do you think I'm sitting here?"

"Because this is the only empty seat?" I tried playing smart.

"Look around," she pointed at multiple empty chairs.

"So why are you sitting here?"

"Ugh, you're so clueless Y/n," she grabbed my right hand and interlocked my fingers with her left hand.

"Uhm-,"

"You don't like it? Just say when and I'll let go," she knew how to self-assert herself.

"No, no, no," I took my other hand and trapped her handoff top of my right hand so she wouldn't let go. She laughed it off.

"So is that a yes?" she asked unsurely.

"Yes," I didn't complain, it's kind of what I wanted. I'm super glad that my crush is braver than I am. I just thought we moved a little too fast into getting back together. I really need to have a sit-down talk with her about everything. "Uhh, come over today?"

"Wow, we just got back together and you want me to come over already?"

"We need to talk. One on one," I let go of her hand to let her know I was serious.

"About what? Could you just accept we're together again?" It seemed like she was hiding something from me.

"I need to know everything. No more secrets between us. Then we can pick up where we left off if you'd like," she set down her hand and nodded.

"Ok"

Later during the day, I saw Camila around campus and we locked eyes a couple times. It was just one of those times where you look at your crush from a distance and lock eyes with each other and it's the most awkward thing ever. I could definitely tell Camila wanted to get back with me, but I can't deal with the consequences again. I only wanted Ariana because I actually loved her. I lusted for Camila, at the time at least.

Hopefully after our talk later today, assuming everything goes civil, Ariana and I can put the past behind us and make new memories to tattoo onto our brains.

After making one last eye connection with Camila and essentially 'eye fucking' her, I went straight to my car. It felt weird because Ariana always asked for rides when we dated. She didn't even bring up the topic of driving today. I brushed it off as her getting a ride from her mom since she doesn't want to be in the same car as me right after our hook up. Which I understand.

It was a long car ride home and all I had on my mind was how Ariana was going to take my questions. Why did you leave me? I thought you liked Camila? Are you for real this time? How will I know I won't be hurt again? The questions kept piling higher and higher and this sit-down might just turn into an interview. Even though I knew the answer to the first one, I wanted to test her honesty. If we're getting back together, it better start on a good note. The only thing growing in my mind was one other person. Camila.