Eighteen

Skip to Day of the Play

10 am and I still haven't gotten out of bed. Tonight, I will see Ariana perform her play tonight. And really, see her perform for the first time ever. I didn't know what to expect, but I kept my standards high for her because of what I've seen from just being at her house. I was hoping she would kill it, because if she did, there would be a great chance of her receiving outside attention. Thus, would boost her chances of becoming a singer. This play wasn't taking place at our school, but at a theater downtown.

But right now, it's early in the day and I want some food. I haven't eaten anything at all and it's about 10:30. My mom wasn't home and won't be coming home till tomorrow morning since she's out of town for the weekend. I picked up my phone and messaged my girlfriend.

Me: Morning baby.

Ari❤️: Morning to you too babe.

Me: Do you wanna go grab some breakfast with me?

Ari❤️: I would, but I just ate and I have to be at the theater at around 2 o'clock so I don't think I'll make it.

Me: Damn. Ok then hun, just wanted to know if you wanted to go on a brunch date.

Ari❤️: Trust me, I do. But I can't. I'll see you tonight

Me: Love you.

Ari❤️: Love you too. xoxo

I really was hungry and there was no food at the house. So either way, I'm going alone or with anyone. Right before I put my phone away, I got a message from Camila.

Camila: Hey could you give me a ride to the theater today?

Me: Yeah of course, I'll be there around 6, just be sure to be ready by then.

Camila: Ok sure will. Thanks.

Should I? Fuck it.

Me: Camila?

Camila: Yes Y/n?

Me: Wanna go eat out? I already asked Ari, but she said she had to be at the theater early and I don't wanna go alone.

Camila: Uhm. Yeah sure, I'm hungry anyways. This isn't you asking me out on a date is it? We both know you have a girlfriend already.

Me: No, I just don't wanna be alone.

Camila: Ok then, I'll send you my address and tell me when you're outside.

Me: Ok thanks.

Promise me, I'm not leaving Ariana for Camila. But like I said before, if for any reason Ari and I break up, Camila is next in line in my mind. Just to be safe, I'm trying to grow a connection with her. I'm not cheating on Ariana, this is not a date.

I put on some black sweats and a crew neck. I didn't feel like dressing too nice so it wouldn't look like I was trying so hard for Camila. I grabbed my car keys off the hook and got in. I pulled up the address that Camila had sent me and it was only a 5 minute drive.

I pulled up to a similar house like mine. Not quite as big as Ariana's but not smaller than mine. Just an above average looking house. I texted Camila to come outside and she took no longer than 2 minutes to walk out the door. She looked cute: yoga pants, white Vans, and a plain grey t-shirt. The thing that topped it all off, her hair was in a messy bun. She looked so good with her hair done like that. Her brown, messy hair flooding her head just made me stare.