Fourteen

I woke up from a good night's sleep to an angelic voice and figure sitting by the piano. She had no idea I was listening to her singing.

I found myself dreaming, in silver and gold. Like a scene from a movie, that every broken heart knows.

We were walking on moonlight, and you pulled me close. Split second and you disappeared and I was all alone.

Woke up in tears, with you by my side, breath of relief and I realized, no we're not promised tomorrow.

So I'm gonna love you, like I'm gonna lose you. I'm gonna hold you, like I'm saying goodbye.

Wherever we're standing, I won't take you for granted, cause we'll never know when.

When we'll run out of time. So I'm gonna love you, like I'm gonna lose you, I'm gonna love you, like I'm gonna lose-oose you ooh.

   She stopped playing right there and that was enough to get me awake. I had just realized that I slept over at her house and my mom's going to kill me. "That was amazing babe," I spoke up in the silence.

"Good morning to you too hun," she said and jumped back into bed with me.

"So what was that all about?" I asked her.

"Just a morning session. I usually do these every other day just for the fun of it"

"Well it was beautiful baby"

"Thanks," she leaned in for a kiss and our lips met. "Ew, go brush your teeth babe"

"I don't have my toothbrush"

"Then you should go home, you were supposed to be home last night"

"Why didn't you remind me?" I asked.

"Because I wanted to be in your arms"

"Awh, that's so sweet. I should probably go home now for reals," I started to get up out of the sheets. I tried to avoid looking at my phone all morning knowing that my mom had blown it up.

"Wait baby I made breakfast let's eat real quick"

"What time did you wake up Ari?"

"Like an hour ago," I remembered that her mom was going to be home soon.

"What about your mom?"

"I already texted her, she won't be home till 2 o'clock," I looked over at her clock and it was only 8:15 am.

"Ok then," I pulled out a seat for her to sit in at the table and I sat down. Ariana had made us some weird blueberry waffles and fruit. "You got any milk?" she pointed towards the fridge and I got up and found almond milk. "What is this?" I asked.

"It's milk dummy"

"Do you have any regular milk?"

"My family is vegan babe," that blindsided me.

"Wow really?"

"Yes"

"So what are these then," I pointed towards the waffles.

"These are blueberry oatmeal waffles, completely vegan"

"They're not bad babe," she smiled at me with her mouth full. "Any plans for the weekend?" I asked.

"I just have to rehearse for this play in a couple weeks and write some music," I was surprised about her play.

"Wait, the musical play? The one in two weeks?" I asked.

"Yeah, I'm the lead"

"Could I help you?"

"You should really go home hun," she was right, but I didn't mind helping her out. "Maybe tomorrow, we can work on 'Piano' again"