Chapter 25

Amanda's POV

"Everything good?" Fin asked as we walked in.
"Yeah, just didn't feel right."
I went and sat at my desk across from him.
"You know I can tell when you're lying."
"I don't know just the restaurant, everything reminded me of... Never mind."
I didn't want to tell him about how everything about that restaurant reminded me of Jeff.

Just two hours later I was already ready to leave. I couldn't bare seeing the photos of these girls, the girls that were just like me.
"Samantha aged 27 held hostage at her home for 48 hours, same MO as the other two victims."
Liv was talking about a serial rapist case. I looked at the photos and instantly was taken away from reality.
Caleb pinned me down on the table and slowly cut off my clothes. He strapped me to the bed and put duct tape over my mouth.
"Alright guys she's ready" he called to the guys waiting outside the cellar.
I struggled to get free with no avail. The three guys came downstairs. They looked to be in their 20s probably in college.
"Wow, she is hot" one of them said.
"First dibs" another one said.
Caleb left and the three guys began. Every time they'd get done they'd high five each other. All I could do is lay there are try to get free.
Caleb came back down.
"How was she?" He asked them
"Alright, not great for the price though."
I wanted to die when he said that. I knew Caleb would punish me for not preforming good enough.
"Well I'm sorry about that. I can assure you she'll do much better next time."
The boys left leaving me and Caleb alone.
"You stupid bitch! You made me look awful!"
He pulled out a taser.
"You're gonna pay for this."
He brought the taser to my breasts. I screamed through the duct tape.
"Shut up, this isn't even the worst of it."
He proceeded to bring the taser down my body as I squirmed desperately trying to get away.

"Amanda! Amanda hey."
I snapped back and realized I was staring at a photo. I backed away ruining directly into Nick.
"You alright?" He asked.
"No" I said on the verge of tears.
I bolted out of the room, down the stairs and outside. I finally stopped trying to catch my breath. I felt someone grab my shoulder and instantly jumped.
"It's just me" Nick said as I turned around. "What happened back there?"
I looked at him not knowing what to say.
"Caleb, he's a monster" was all I could say.
"Come on, I think you should go home."
I didn't argue. I wanted you leave desperately. I couldn't stand seeing those pictures and being reminded of myself.

Nick's POV

I brought her home without muttering a single word the entire ride.
"Can you stay? For a little bit." She asked when I dropped her off.
"Of course."
I turned off the car and went inside. Liv won't care too much I hope.
We were greeted by Apollo inside who was happily wagging his tail. She went and sat on the sofa. I could see in her eyes she was upset. Something was bothering her.
"What is it?" I finally asked.
"Caleb" she said "I was thinking about him this time. It was a certain day in particular. He had these college boys come do what they wanted."
She started crying.
"I tried Nick I really did, but I didn't please them enough. When they told Caleb he got mad. Caleb wasn't like Jeff. When it came to punishment it wasn't a slap on the face. He was..."
"Sadistic" I said.
She nodded.
"I wish he just beat me up, I wish that was all he did but it wasn't."
"Was it the pictures?" I asked referring to the ones of the vics.
She nodded. "Yeah."
"I'm sorry, I knew you shouldn't have been around all that"
"It doesn't matter, please just don't leave right now."
"I won't" I told her.
I went and sat next to her. She laid her head on me crying softly.

Once she fell asleep I slowly got up and reluctantly left.
"Where have you been? And where's Rollins?" Fin asked when I got back.
"My house"
"She okay?"
"Not really. It was the crime scene photos that triggered it."
"She say anything about the restaurant?"
"No, not yet. God I wish I didn't leave."
"Leave?"
"Sorry, just thinking out loud. She wanted me to stay with her, but I had to get back here. Anyways, what did I miss while I was gone?"

Amanda's POV

"Look around you Amanda, there's no one here. You have nobody."
I watched as Marcello walked around me.
"You think anyone's gonna save you now? Where's your family Amanda? Your squad? They don't care about you. Not them, not Saint Nick, not anyone."
"You're wrong"
"Am I though? Tell me why didn't you leave Jeff if he was hitting you? You could've left him, but you didn't. Why is that?"
He knelt down in front of me.
"Because you knew you deserved it. You knew he wasn't in the wrong, you knew your squad wouldn't care. It was only a matter of time until they turned against you too. Just wait Amanda. You just wait."

I woke up laying on the sofa.
"You have nobody"
His voice echoed in my head. I looked around the room realizing I was alone. The air felt cold compared to the way it usually felt.
"Only a matter of time before they turn on you too. Just wait Amanda"
A single tear fell down my cheek. What if he was right?