Introduction [Edited]

Hey, everyone! My name is Michaela, and this is an Uncharted fanfic. So I wrote this story a couple of years ago because I love these games with my whole heart, but I'm on an editing journey with all of my stories, and that includes this one. So, for any new readers (or returning ones), this story will be going through some major changes! Below is any information regarding the story and/or the editing changes that I just want to make you all aware of.

To start, this book is a reader-insert and follows the plot of Uncharted 1-4 with your character joining Nate and the others. There are a few love interests in this book (each one will receive their own ending), and a few of the antagonists will actually be good or end up good in this book as well. This story does contain mature content (violence, language, and smut), so heed that warning. I would prefer it if minors did not interact with this book.

As mentioned above, this fanfic does follow the plot of the four main games, but there is one change I made when I created this book. Instead of the plot of Uncharted 4 taking place in 2013, like the game developers announced when it was coming out, it will take place in 2015. I made this decision because Nate's calendar in his office says November 2015, so yeah!

Now, I'm going to explain what I'll be changing during the editing process of this story. First, I will be switching it from first person POV to second person. It's my preference for reader-inserts, and I think it works better as well. So if you see that while you're reading it goes from second person to first, it's because I haven't gotten to edit any farther yet. Second, I'm going to rework parts of the chapter so there are no flashbacks, solely so the flow is easier to follow. For this, I will be moving around parts of the story, so it starts when your character was a child and then builds up to the plot line of the games. Third, while minor, I am changing [Name] to Y/N. Finally, I might change parts of the story because I have a better idea for it. I won't know until I'm actually editing it, but it's very much possible that some scenes will change.

That's all for story information; now onto character info.

Y/N L/N
DOB: July 1st, 1980
Age: 26 (as of 2006)
Occupation: explorer/treasure hunter
Languages: English, Spanish, German, Latin, Arabic, Russian, and Japanese
Nationality: American
Appearance: I do not describe your character as to allow you to envision yourself or your oc in their place
Family:
•Your mother: explorer (deceased)
•Your father: CIA agent (deceased)
Friends:
•Elena Fisher
•Chloe Frazer
•Nathan Drake
•Samuel Drake (believed to be deceased)
•Harry Flynn
•Rafe Adler
•Victor Sullivan
History:
In 1985, your father was killed while undercover during a CIA mission. One of your mother's clients helped you both through the grief, but his intentions were impure. He used it as an opportunity to take advantage of your mother, and he manipulated her into dating him. He abused both you and her, and a year later he forced her to marry him. Only a few weeks later, he killed your mother during one of their arguments, and he tried to kill you as well. The police arrived in time and arrested him, and you were put in the St. Francis Girl's Home in Boston, Massachusetts.

You did not like the girl's home at all, and you constantly broke the rules. One night when you snuck out, you met two boys: Nathan Morgan, and his older brother, Samuel Morgan. They were living on the same campus, at the St. Francis Boy's Home. The three of you formed a tight bond due to you unwillingness to follow the rules.

When Sam got kicked out in 1987, you and Nate stuck together like glue. Then in 1989, Sam returned and you and Nate left the orphanage with him. After you all changed your last names, you spent a year traveling with the brothers and searching for clues that furthered their mother's research.

In 1990, Sam was arrested in Morocco in search of a lead, leaving you and Nate to travel alone to Colombia in search of a different lead. You both ended up in trouble after stealing a decoder that a woman named Katherine Marlowe wanted. She tried to have you both killed but you were saved by a treasure hunter named Victor Sullivan, who took you both under his wing as his protégés.

Over the next ten years, Sully would teach you and Nate everything you needed to know, and you both would also help Sam in his new search for Henry Avery's treasure. During this time, you made some great friends as well.

In 1996, you snuck into the archaeological museum in Jordan to have a look at the Copper Scroll, which listed 64 locations where gold and silver were buried. You got to the scroll at the same time as a woman your age did. You learned her name was Chloe Frazer, and she was after the same thing as you. Both of you teamed up, and not only did you find the locations of the gold and silver, but you discovered that there was a part of the scroll missing and it led to a vast amount of riches hidden in Palestine. You both split the earnings, and from then on, Chloe became a trusted friend and treasure hunter.

In 1998, you met Rafe Adler after he caught you escaping from a museum in D.C. He gave you an ultimatum to either help him with a job or have him turn you in. You chose to help him, and surprisingly, you both found friendship in each other.

The following year, you were introduced Harry Flynn, who met Sam in England and helped him on a heist a few years ago. The three of you and Sully worked together to look for more clues about Henry Avery's treasure. You ended up finding a lead that was somewhere in a Panama, but the five of you got stuck after a while. Harry wished you luck and went searching for a different treasure, and you, Sam, and Nate kept hunting.

In 2000, you finally got a hit on the lead in a Panamanian prison. The three of you realized that it would be hard to get in, and that's when you contacted Rafe. He agreed to help you out on the condition that he gets part of the cut of the findings, and when you told Sam and Nate this, they agreed, though Nate was reluctant.

Rafe bribed one of the guards and snuck the three of you into the prison, where you spent time searching for the lead to Avery's treasure. You and Nate ended up finding it in an abandoned tower, but things went south when the guard demanded a cut and Rafe shot him. In your attempt to escape, Sam was shot and killed, and you, Nate, and Rafe had to leave his body behind so that you wouldn't meet the same fate.

You and Nate stayed with Rafe for a while, searching a cathedral in Scotland for more about Avery's treasure. Rafe ended up extremely power hungry, and Nate left. You tried to help Rafe, but he kept pushing you away, so after a few months, you left as well.

Over the next six years, you traveled the world alone and made many enemies but also a couple of friends and allies. Elena Fisher, a reporter, became one of your best friends after she interviewed you when you found Cleopatra's hidden treasures—an adventure your mother had started but never got to complete. Now, with enough money that you could survive several lifetimes off of, you decided to take a step back and travel the world to see what it has to offer.

-

So I just wanted to write out the history of your character so that it's all there for you all to read. Originally, snippets of it just appeared randomly in the story, so I added it all in chronological order here so that it's easy to understand and not as random. Plus, it gives your character a backstory to work off of that I think is useful.

Anyway, thanks for reading this long introduction, and whether you're a new reader or not, I hope you check the story out and enjoy!